Soundwave cancelled.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bradchip

Reaction score
Not sure if anyone here really cares, but this was announced today, and I think it was pretty poor of the promoters to lie and say that the reason the festival was being canned was due to a band that hadn't even been announced yet, was pulling out, when the real reason was poor ticket sales.

Soundwave Revolution cancelled | Van Halen | Alice Cooper

Such a pity too. There are some great bands in that lineup!

was looking forward to seeing alice cooper....

My son will be very disappointed. He kept on bragging he was going to see Van Halen......

well no it wasn't poor ticket sales, it was because Eddie Van Halen has gone into rehab basically meaning they loose their headline act. I'm pretty sure they have insurance against this sort of thing, so if soundwave cancel the shows soundwave still get what they would have made from the shows anyway....

They're siting the reason that an unannounced/unnamed act (Limp Biscuit it turns out to be) had pulled out as the reason for the cancellation. Nothing was mentioned about Van Halen.

I do know that ticket sales have been poor for this festival. If they don't get the numbers through the doors, then they lose big money. It wouldn't be the first time a festival has been cancelled for that reason.

Shattered.... i payed $160 just to see Danzig... hopefully he's still touring. limp bizkit would have been good to see too but sad the promoters had to blame it on a band that hadn't even been announced... -.- ticket sales definatley would have been poor... i mean, there was no advertising whatsoever about this soundwave, hell the official website didnt even update after 2011... finding info on this festival was actually hard...

I better get to see Gojira someday!@!? Fark... my ticket cost me $167 :(

lol i wanted to see them play global warming and that was it =P that woulda made me happy

Im pretty sure they are giving a refund and most bands will still be touring but its not like you can swap it for tickets to 10 gigs, in one week. Pretty poor.

Apparently some bands are still going to be coming out.

I doubt VH will come out now (spewing, I really don't want my only VH experience to have been the forgettable Gary Cherone era) & I was REALLY looking forward to seeing Steel Panther, & also Hellyeah.

Hopefully I'll get to see at least those last two I mentioned.

well no it wasn't poor ticket sales, it was because Eddie Van Halen has gone into rehab
Where did you hear that?

I know you were looking forward to VH Sock :( spewing if Eddie's back in rehab though.

I too only saw VH with Gary Cherone and wished I had seen DLR era or even Sammy Haggar would have been better than Cherone.

I can go to my grave having heard and seen EVH so Im well happy wiv dat. :)

i would kill many to see limpbizkit!
my friends will kick me for saying that

I know you were looking forward to VH Sock :( spewing if Eddie's back in rehab though.

I too only saw VH with Gary Cherone and wished I had seen DLR era or even Sammy Haggar would have been better than Cherone.

I can go to my grave having heard and seen EVH so Im well happy wiv dat. :)

Yeah mate, seeing them with Diamond Dave would have been killer, (I prefer the older VH stuff), but would have been very happy to see Sammy. Have seen Sammy years ago ('98 ) doing solo stuff at Selinas, great gig. Hopefully see him again if Chickenfoot tour (new album this year).

Seeing EVH was the only reason I went & saw them all those years ago, certainly wasn't for Cherone.

I was not that into the line up anyway however if Limp Bizkit was confrimed I would have definately bought a ticket.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back