should i be worried

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bluey87

Reaction score
my 6month old bredli hasnt shed since ive had her and thats been about 4months shes still eating every week and looks fine, i been told by one person maybe to use cheap vitamin e cream to moisten her up, shes active everynight shes an awesome snake to handle and the temps in her click clack r good so just not sure whats taking her soo long to shed

Dont go smearing anything on the snake! I would say that your not feeding the snake a large enough feed item often enough and as such the snake isnt growing thus not having the need to slough!

she was on fuzzy mice once a week and shes roughly just over 60cms ive just bought a 10pack of pinky rats there bigger than the fuzzy mice i had her on

she was on fuzzy mice once a week and shes roughly just over 60cms ive just bought a 10pack of pinky rats there bigger than the fuzzy mice i had her on

I have started bredli feeding before on fuzzy mice , at 6 months old it could be eating much bigger items ... as Beeman suggested this is most likely why it's not shedding.
And who ever told you to smear vitamin e cream on it is an idiot , do not listen to their advice in the future.

yeh wasnt sure bout the cream thats y i havent done it, these pinky rats i just bought are pretty big, thanks for the advice but appreciate it

You'll be surprised what they can fit in their gob, let us know how it goes :)

A 60 cm bredli can eat an adult mouse with no problems, so increasing the food size will aid growth. But don't worry about it not shedding, it will shed when it's ready.

NEVER smear anything except water on the skin of your snake to 'assist' shedding. Shedding is initiated by internal mechanisms, putting any sort of slimy crap on the outside will only cause problems where one didn't exist in the first place.

Jamie

cheers for the advice everyone, and as for her temps her clickclack sits on top of my bearded dragon enclosure so where the heat light is in the beardie enclosure ive got half the container sittin over it and i get a surface temp of around 35, even tho the rest of her click clack gets a lot cooler especially being winter shes still active everynight and she hasnt turned down food in the 4months ive had her and shes pooing fine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back