Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Guys a bit off topic but i need some help... i found this really tiny doscoloured area in my GTP, what do you think it is and how van i get rid of it? And a cool pic i took of my GTP outside

Hey man, it just looks to me like some damaged scales. I'll defer to more experienced keepers of GTPs, but at least with my other snakes, this kind of thing usually clears up with the next shed. My ball python damaged some scales on her dorsal area from an escape several years ago and over a few sheds the damage was repaired but the scales remain forever discoloured. So, you could end up with fresh scales in that location, but they may not be the same colour they were.

I finally get to play!

This is Brunhilde, just put her in her enclosure a few hours ago. Born July 23rd 2010. 75% kofia, 25% biak (technically unsexed, but I like the valkyrie name).

RDYCI.jpg

August 11 update, she's starting to show a lot more green already. It's hard to capture it with a flash but in low light you can really get it on camera.

1IfbX.jpg

Well done dicky all the best with the incubation, how many did she have ?

Great result Dicky,they are a top breed that line from pythoninfinite.:)

Congrats Brett, gotta' be happy with that mate.

All the best with incubation.

Just curious, is there a reason why most people dont let there snakes incubate their own eggs? Whats the benefit of the incubator?

It takes alot out of the female so if you want to breed her again the following season you need to get food and water into her as soon as you can so she can be of a suitable size and health for breeding the following season.

Good stuff mate. How many eggs were laid?

9 eggs , 4 slugs ... It's her first year so not a bad effort .

Well done dicky all the best with the incubation, how many did she have ?

9 Good eggs , 4 slugs

Cheers Zulu and Sam , very happy so far , the incubation period might send me bald with stress though ;)

BigWilliestlyes , For me I prefer to inc myself as its less stress on these females , and with these being green eggs I will be much happier with them in a more controlled environment.

Last edited:
Congratulations Brett :D And best of luck here on, with the incubation. Hope it all goes well.

So I gather slugs are easy to pick? I've only ever bred two clutches in the last four years and I guess beginners luck has given me, so far, 100% success rate. So still yet to see what a slug looks like.

brenton sux u got all boys mate 4 gtps and there all males hahaha find out which ones are the best breeders and keep them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back