Oh yes, another great bargin unit for a diamond enclosure :D

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
normally he attacks them with knives and what not but this time he wanted to keep them square, but i think he may be coming around. prehaps tuesday night we might add another coat....

So, after hubby applied a second coat it looked a million times beyyer. he did however take the skin of the tops of his fingers doing it, but it looks better for it lol so after letting it set for ages, he put the first lick of paint on and will be doing detailing and dry brushing tomorrow

first coat.jpg

Righto, so the painting has been done and hubby sealed it before i could ruin it with any more attempts to dry brush. turned out as well as we could have hoped for a first attempt at something like this. downlights are in, door is almost ready to go, and hubby is cutting the vents as we speak. we also found a cracked buddha head we are going to use as a hide down the bottom. should be completed by the middle of the week!

paint done.jpg

First of all I love that you posted pics and updates of all the stages..very nice work, it's looking great, although at first I was sad to see those cupboards go,must of been a lovely cabinet back in the day lol.. And yougot it for $20..score! And then the free foam..double score.. New high level!!! Lol.. Anyway keep the updates coming ..looks great so far!

thanks for that. me and hubby finally foudn something we like doing together (well, more like i tell him what i want, stand there, get coffee and hold the lights/tools). i think we keep buying more reptiles just so we can do the tanks up lol

second coat of the sealer has gone on, so this arvo we wil be adding plants and testing out heating. will give it a good few weeks for it to air out and then the door will go on!

Too bad you live in syd..I have a nice big wardrobe outside that looks like it needs to be converted into a snake tank lol..too bad I hae no snakeys =[.. well keep the updates coming..I already think it looks great and I like the tree through the middle idea..very creative

Oh I forgot ..what did you use to seal it with?

i think we used the pondtite stuff. he does abuot 2 - 3 coats.

ok, so the plants are in and door is on. just need to put the perspex on, put the vines in and get another hide for the top area.

almost done.jpg

well jax, funny you should mention it, the guy down the road was putting stuff out for council pick up and he had this tv stand. so will probably make it an inbetweener for our new bubba MD we got. but that one i have no idea where it wil go.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back