NEC T10 Standard Black Light UV Tube....

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Black.Rabbit

Reaction score
Just wondering if there is a 12 inch equivalent to the NEC T10 Standard Black Light UV Tube...

I've done as much research on the forum on blacklights/UVA/UVB etc as my brain will allow (my brain hurts so much and feels like mush trying to understand everything). It seems that the NEC T10 seems to be the go, it is for Diamonds.

Any help, advice etc will be greatly appreciated, Cheers.

No you cannot get the NEC T10 Standard Black Light UV Tube in 12 inche size, they a only available in 24-36-48 inche long size.

Like you say NEC T10 seems to be the one to use for providing UVA-UVB, l myself have been using them in all my Reptile enclosures that l have indoors since 1989, still do today with my 4 Olive Pythons and will with my Central Bearded Dragons that l will have a few of by March 2012.

sorry to say the 36 inch is not longer available they discontinued them only 24 inch and 48 now

sorry to say the 36 inch is not longer available they discontinued them only 24 inch and 48 now
Dosngo, may l ask who said to you the 36 inche long NEC T10 SBL is no-longer available, l was told not long ago by my wholesaler that l can still get these 3 sizes in the NEC T10 SBL UV Tubes, maybe l will need to contact them again to see if they a still available or not thanks for the info.

was posted few days back on australianbeardies.net

Hi all.....well my old mate Floss has finally come up with some info on these NEC's! Ok - sadly, the 3ft have been discontinued....(sucks to be Floss cause her tanks have 3ft lights....) but they still make the 2ft and 4ft. Middy's electrical wholesalers in Moorebank can get them in etc.

Hope that helps
Karn (and Floss
biggrin.png
)​

Are there any equivalents though, as in another brand or anything that can compare? At the moment there are just standard tubed in there and there is nothing to say what the UV output is, in fact, when looking at tubes for sale, none of them stated anything about UV so I'm a little lost on the matter of what is sufficient for my Diamonds.

There is a 12inch equivalent. I believe it is called a Phillips BL. I have got them from Lamp Replacements in Bayswater in the past.

*sigh*

Will the standard tube that I have in there be sufficient enough?
I have not seen ANY UV ratings on ANY tubes that I have looked at so I am clueless as to if they are getting what they require from what is in there or any other tube I buy for that matter.
No point in me installing the damn lights if they aren't going to do anything...

Any help on this will be MUCH appreciated.

There is a 12inch equivalent. I believe it is called a Phillips BL. I have got them from Lamp Replacements in Bayswater in the past.

I have read and be told that the Phillips black light is extremely bad to put into a snake enclosure as they can damage their eyes.

NEC T10 are available from Bunnings. Order at the special order desk. The last one I bought was a 24 inch about a year ago and it was about $8 (definitely less than $10). The code to order it is FL20SBL-24 OR FL20 SBL

All the research I did I've found majority of Turtle and amphibian keepers all use and highly recommend them, so it will quite suitable for your diamond.

Cheers,
Allan

Thanks Allan, but the fitting is 12 inch, and someone stated above that it doesn't come in 12 inch....

For added cost, you could also use the Zoomed tubes. On a standard solarmeter 6.2, the zoomed 5.0 produces almost twice as much UVB as an NEC blacklight, and the 10.0 produces almost double that again.

I have read and be told that the Phillips black light is extremely bad to put into a snake enclosure as they can damage their eyes.

The are designed for medical purpose and will cause eye damage at 6 inches or closer.

The are designed for medical purpose and will cause eye damage at 6 inches or closer.

not sure on snakes but if is a bearded dragon philips lights DO DAMAGE EYES

same with the spiral uv globes they damage young beardies eyes also

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back