My poor baby

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Best of luck!!! Never nice to have to go through anything like this, even if it turns out to be nothing which we're all hoping it wont.

By the way... nice post on the Herald Sun the other day defending snakes/pythons and thier owners!!!! :D

Thanks :) It was a long post on the Herald Sun site, but I felt someone needed to say something, as unfortunately many people are tarred with the same brush when people read these kinds of stories.

Thanks :) It was a long post on the Herald Sun site, but I felt someone needed to say something, as unfortunately many people are tarred with the same brush when people read these kinds of stories.

is the article online?

Am sorry to hear this. He is in the best of hands. Fingers crossed that things turn out OK.

Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
is the article online?

I'll PM it to you, I might get in trouble if I post a link to it here :)

Nothing is a given at this point. Even in the worst case, there is still a good chance he will resume eating on his own. He still has his heat-sensing pits so a warm meal might be just the ticket. Once food is even just in the mouth, some molecules will make their way into the Jacobsen’s organ pits, hopefully sufficient to stimulate normal swallowing reflex.

He is fortunate to be alive because of you. He is fortunate have good body condition and health going into a possible operation because of you. He will continue to be fortunate, irrespective of the outcome, because you. You, like him, are a fighter. And you will not give up on his opportunity to life without trying every avenue first.

I am thinking of you and feel for you. I also have a lot of faith in you!

Mike

Thanks for your kind words Blue :) you made a good point about the heat sensing pits and all. This particular snake is so laid back he'd probably let me open his mouth and the put the rat in there lol (although I'd have to be careful, never know when he could chose to bite even though he's never done it before)The last time he was at the vet a tool was used to open his mouth to have a look and he didn't seem to care much. When the tool was taken out of his mouth he acted like it never happened, and was stretching out towards the vet wanting to go and sit on her. She quite liked him, most people do :)

Last edited:
Please PM me the link to your article, Tahlia.

Will be thinking of you and Samson tomorrow.

The vet is going to ring me today after the procedure is done, they'll tell me what they did and what happens from there. I don't like this waiting thing :( Here's a couple of pics of the boy before taking him in:

Best of luck Tahlia and Sampson, hope everything turns out ok,...

We are all waiting for the update babe. Hopefully it will be to celebrate with you!!!!!

ps Love your lipstick in those pics!! I wish I could make red look that good! I look like a clown lol

We are all waiting for the update babe. Hopefully it will be to celebrate with you!!!!!

ps Love your lipstick in those pics!! I wish I could make red look that good! I look like a clown lol

I'll post as soon as I know something. I like red lipstick... and red anything :D

im hoping no news is good news and Tahlia isnt curled up in a corner somewhere sobbing,...

cmon,..what happened?!

Hey everyone.Thanks for all the support.Tahlia and I are sitting waiting in the vet now. Samson came out of the anesthetic well and we will know more information soon.Watch this space.

Hey everyone.Thanks for all the support.Tahlia and I are sitting waiting in the vet now. Samson came out of the anesthetic well and we will know more information soon.Watch this space.

Who are you and why are you following me? LOL!

All went very well, I've agreed to have the mysterious lump sent Brisbane to find out what it is. The vet said it doesn't look cancerous, and showed us what it look like. Very strange! She said it was attached by a thin stalk looking thing, and when they took it off they could stretch it out and the picture she drew of it looked like a marijuana plant lol. She said they had difficulty putting him to sleep to do the procedure, but apparently he woke up well. When I got him home I realised how drunk he was when he was falling off his branches, hissing at his newspaper and couldn't figure out how to get into his hide, lol, the poor thing, it took about 7 attempts before he got in there. Despite being very confused he didn't show any aggression and behaved very well. I'm very happy that he's fine and that it doesn't look like there's anything to worry about :D :D :D

Attachments

• Allfixed5.jpg
    Allfixed5.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 63
  • Allfixed6.jpg
    Allfixed6.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 56
  • Allfixed7.jpg
    Allfixed7.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 62
Status
Not open for further replies.