Black Headed Python breeding

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thnda8

Reaction score
Hi guys ive had my Male and Female BHP's for about 6 months my male would be 2 1/2 years old and my female would be 3.. im looking at breeding the pair and i was wondering if anyone could give a first time breeder some tips such as...temperatures, times of the year and maybe what to look for when the female may be ready for breeding.
Also they are living in the same enclosure and have been the whole time ive had them in anyones opinion could this cause problems?

Breeding black headed pythons

Hi there this is my 1st post i bought this book called Keeping and Breeding Australian Pythons you can prob find it on ebay it will cost you about $55.00 it gives you all the info you willl need it is a fantastic book

Hi there this is my 1st post i bought this book called Keeping and Breeding Australian Pythons you can prob find it on ebay it will cost you about $55.00 it gives you all the info you willl need it is a fantastic book
+1 to that thnda8. This is the best source of information out there for beginners or experienced keepers.

BHP's mated in the lead up and early winter. Your a bit late now. You will have to wait until about May next year to pair them up.

Also they are living in the same enclosure and have been the whole time ive had them in anyones opinion could this cause problems?

In time 2 will become 1, You do know they are reptile eaters!

Best to keep blach heads seprate except in breeding them they can be canibals and I believe yours are to young to breed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back