Who has a 2006 WRX

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

abnrmal91

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Just wanting to hear from anyone who has a 2006 Subaru Impreza S MY06 WRX (only has 33000k's) Taking one for a test drive tomorrow, not sure if I will buy it or keep my 2005 liberty wagon. It's a tough choice. Money towered a house deposit/holiday or new car.
7a6c3e67-540e-553a.jpg

House deposit all the way! That way you can really get yourself setup and sorted. The car can come later.... No point in trying to buy a flash car if you're still renting or living with the folks.

Is the WRX P Plate legal?

No it's not p plate legal. I have had my full licence for 8 months. I know what you mean but I think I could probably get it with trade in for 13000 maybe 14000. It would only take about 3-4 months to pay off max. I just find manual cars better as you have much more control of the car.

$13000-$14000 is a lot of money towards a house.... but at the end of the day, its your money.

I want your job!!! Paying off that much along with still living in 3-4months is awesome!!

The WRXs are fantastic cars, and that particular model is probably the best looking they have brought out!! If you get it, you wont be disappointed.

Wait 3-4 months, save the money and the way prices are going you will probably buy that car for a couple of grand less for cash in 3 months.

$13000-$14000 is a lot of money towards a house.... but at the end of the day, its your money.

I want your job!!! Paying off that much along with still living in 3-4months is awesome!!

Haha you can have it. Unfortunately due to my shifts I don't get a life. Alot of nightshifts, weekends plus overtime. Plus 10hrs of Tafe a week. It's easy to save as I don't get time to spend my money.

Yer I don't know wait and see.

Do you mind me asking what you do, man? That WRX is nice as, btw. The boxer engines pull very hard for a small engine! If you think you can pay it off and still put a deposit on a house then I'd do it, but I'm a car fanatic. No point sacrificing a house for a car, especially if you'll end up living in one or the other, haha.

I am a fitter machinist. I a work on trains eg brakes, doors and stuff. For the past six months I have been machining train wheels. If anyone has caught train in Sydney or the XPT I have lprobably machined the wheels.

Also one more thing to think about is how into cars you are? A few reasons why is that it's a sports car, and deserves to be serviced like one. The main reason is though, how well can you control yourself? Are you into cars and going to the track? If so, I'm sure you'd end up putting a big FMIC on it, changing the hairdryers and a bunch of other stuff. You don't get the urge to drop big $$$ on a regular daily driver.

I love cars but don't get time to fiddle with them. I have done some hot laps at eastern creek. I think I drive fairly well. Have never put a scratch on a car and that's after owning tail happy rodeos and commodores. Lots of fun.

Are you sure you wouldn't be tempted to drop money into it? I doubt hod crash anything if you had money invested in it and knew your limits :) I'd get the car man, I wish I was in a position to, haha.

I am a fitter machinist. I a work on trains eg brakes, doors and stuff. For the past six months I have been machining train wheels. If anyone has caught train in Sydney or the XPT I have lprobably machined the wheels.

I drive trains!!! :D but still wouldnt make that sort of coin! Nice....

I drive trains!!! :D but still wouldnt make that sort of coin! Nice....
Arrh you one of the special people lol. Nothing against you but in general I hate train drivers. We always get bookings like auto won't work. All it is that they didn't let it charge long enough lol. I love the mystic faults they find if they were late to a station. I don't know if I will get it or not. The thing is I own my liberty. Don't know if I want to get into debt or not. It would only be short term but wait and see.

Everyone I've talked to who has owned both WRX's and evo's said that evo's are a much better car, but the suburu's look good anyways

Yeah I'm sure you could, just the bloke that said he was a train driver couldn't get the coin together for a WRX.

get the house then in a year or so you can borrow against it and get a new one....

Yeah I'm sure you could, just the bloke that said he was a train driver couldn't get the coin together for a WRX.
yer but train drivers are weird lol. The drivers I know are on good money but it depends on the persons circumstances.

yer but train drivers are weird lol. The drivers I know are on good money but it depends on the persons circumstances.

I'm a fitter and machinist can you get me a job haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back