bird thread!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm trying to get a hold of some Nyasa lovebirds to breed too.

Tildy I don't know where 'mid north coast' is but if you live near Brisbane I know where there is a whole aviary full of Nyasa Lovebirds for sale. PM me if interested!

This is my Sun Conure 'Baby Boo' on his play stand.
IMG_2324.jpg

Does anyone keep african greys? or know roughly what there worth? I have seen a big varie in pricing?

Ben

Does anyone keep african greys? or know roughly what there worth? I have seen a big varie in pricing?

Ben

$5500 for a young HR bird. Upwards for mature birds.

Latest pics of my boy, and a video

[video=youtube;1IYLPrgpuXY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IYLPrgpuXY[/video]

Attachments

• P1000432.jpg
    P1000432.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 38
  • P1000453.jpg
    P1000453.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 37
  • P1000458.jpg
    P1000458.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 38
  • P1000439.JPG
    P1000439.JPG
    203.5 KB · Views: 33
Looking good Stevo. The bird that is mate :D. I may post up some pics soon. Not sure yet.

Well i have a galah, but hes a stud of a galah, ill have to get a pic up, @ssssssnake man, how did you Procure that beautiful raven?
He was bought into the shelter and we cared for him for a year or so and then he was released softly into the back of our house where there was already ravens. After a while, and some mucking around, they accepeted him. he still lives in the pinetrees out the back of my house and has a family of his own now.

I have a 8-month old Green Cheek Conure, Icky:

conures013.jpg

photo-44.jpg

And, Errol, my 5-year old male SI Eclectus. Errol was hand raised, but I'm not too sure of the sort of life he had with his previous family. He behaves more like a rescue than a pet, so, I imagine there's been a bit of neglect in the last couple of years at least. He doesn't understand the concept of play, toys, or frustratingly, positive reinforcement. But, we're getting there. He's a lot better behaviourally now than a few months ago, and has recently decided that I'm the woman for him. We have hilarious conversations, which often make sense. Although, how people manage to own two of these guys is beyond me! It's like owning a really self-absorbed, bitey, flappy child :p

His current repertoire includes: "Do you want a peanut?" "PEANUT!" "Hello" (said about 10 different ways) "Good bye" "Cya" "Good morning!" "Good night!" "I love you" "Mmmmm breakfast" "Whatcha doing?" "What's the matter?" "Screamy screamy scream" "Come on!" "Step up" "Oi!" "Good boy!" "Are you a good boy?" "Yeah" "Stop it!" "Queenslander!" "Woooo!" "Hehehehe!" What do you say? Thank you!" (when you give him a peanut) "Sorry sorry!".... I think that's nearly it. I've almost taught him to say, "I'm obnoxious!" :D

You can kinda of see how trashy his feathers were when I first got him. He has since been through a moult, and we've switched his diet from a staple of peanuts and fruit to awesome quality pellets and veggies, and we are almost looking like a proper eckie again now!
Errol3.jpg

Errol has a shower - it took weeeeeks to even get him to sit in the bathroom, then longer to turn the shower on, and I still can't close the door if he's showering with me :p It's definitely a process, but he loves it when he actually gets there, and surprisingly, took to be blow-dried straight away!
photo.jpg

Errol loves faces! We are just starting to have cuddles and scritches, and he loves pressing his beak against my nose and making a few specific funny noises at me.

IMG_0039.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back