Hi all! New mum here!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chantelle_1

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I'm new to the world of reptiles, but have finally fulfilled a life long dream. I am the proud owner of an olive python.
Her name is Perci, and she is 2 1/2 years old, about 7 ft long. Not sure how much she weighs, but she's a decent size. Her previous owner did a remarkable job with her. She is calm, great around my kids, has never bitten or refused a meal. I've had her nearly 3 weeks now, she has settled in well.

I have a couple of questions: how often should she shed? And how often do you recommend I should I feed her?

Her previous owner was feeding her about every 4 weeks. I don't want to starve her, but I don't want her to get too big too quickly.

And yes.........I am aware she is going to be a really big snake, and I am aware she is an odd choice for a first snake. But I am absolutely in love with the species, and even more in love with her.

Thanks Chantelle ;)

IMG_2316.jpg
IMG_2289.jpg
IMG_2286.jpg

I cant help with advice on her, but there are alot of people with olives on here that can. I will just say welcome, & she is beautiful! :)

what was she fed, and what size monthly, and what do you intend feeding her...welcome to the world of Olives, they are a pleasure to own.

Hi there,
Sorry i also can't help you out, but i have also wanted an olive python for a while (still don't have one yet)
She is absolutely gorgeous.
Good luck getting the info you need

She is feeding on rabbits, they are medium in size. Just weighed one frozen and it was 2 kilos.

Thanks for the nice comments so far! I think she is gorgeous and beautiful and simply amazing!!

Hi and welcome Chantelle not many people own an olive for there first python I dont own one there are lots of people that d but 1 a mounth sounds about right depending on the weight just do a search someone will help you and give you the right advice

Great choice. It's a great idea to choose what you like as a first... makes it more enjoyable

A 2kg rabbit every 3-4 weeks sounds about right but as she moves up in size and weight so should her food! Have you thought much about were to buy rabbits locally?

Hey thanks guys. I am really enjoying her, as are the rest of the family!

W4NTED: I'm down in Gippsland, little place called Korumburra.

Not many fellow snake lovers down this way, so it's great to come on here and get some info and feedback.

Thanks gozz....that's kinda what I was thinking!

Hey thanks guys. I am really enjoying her, as are the rest of the family!

W4NTED: I'm down in Gippsland, little place called Korumburra.

Not many fellow snake lovers down this way, so it's great to come on here and get some info and feedback.

Thanks gozz....that's kinda what I was thinking!

Try just looking through reptile product carrying pet shops in the Valley (Morwell, Traralgon & Pakenham for that matter) and talking to the people shopping there. There are plenty of knowledgible reptile keepers down that way and most will be willing share what they know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back