Do you guys consider this animal cruelty?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yer it doesn't seem fair. I think from memory the army skydives with dogs sometimes but that's for a certain reason.

Wow thats a tough call!! I'm all against animal cruelty, but I have also been sky diving, and I have to agree its like your head out a car window, but at the same time, the airplane (generally a cessna) does get quiet loud and over bearing. A dogs ears are highly sensitive to noise and I would have to see this pooch suffer some sort of hearing impairment so his owner can send him for a 65th time. Good on ya first go for your dog surviving, but there is a point of too much i think!

Lmao, paratrooper pooches... I would like to see the results of a test with heart rate monitors and other things, like if the dog breathes on the way down. Would also be interesting to see how the dog reacts once it touched down, would it be in a state of shock?

Wow thats a tough call!! I'm all against animal cruelty, but I have also been sky diving, and I have to agree its like your head out a car window, but at the same time, the airplane (generally a cessna) does get quiet loud and over bearing. A dogs ears are highly sensitive to noise and I would have to see this pooch suffer some sort of hearing impairment so his owner can send him for a 65th time. Good on ya first go for your dog surviving, but there is a point of too much i think!

Yeah, I think too much is the point where he acted on his desire to do it the first time.

Kinda reminds me of operation dumbo drop.

not so much animal cruelty as it is anthropomorphizing the dog.
well at least the guy cares enough to spend some time with his dog, as opposed to the other end of the spectrum (neglect)

I dont think I would put my own dog through it....I know dogs ears are sensitive etc.... hard call really unless above mentioned
issues were monitored

A mate of mine is an avid Skydiver, he takes people tandem and says the worst part is how many people dribble when they jump and sometimes his face gets covered. I don't imagine dog dribble is nice to be covered in, especially when it hits you at just over 200km/h.

I would say for the dog, it would be like sticking your head out a window on steroids BUT the dog wouldn't know a parachute is going to save its life and animals can judge that big drop = not good, so I would say the dog would to an extent be "****ting its self"

even after 64 jumps.

Its one thing to take your dog for a run... but i dont know how sky diving would rate on the exercise scale lol

I run my dogs out a property behind a ute, followed by a long swim in the dam. but im sure not about to jump out a plane with one strapped too me!

The breathings not so difficult once your parachute has opened but yes i have to agree that free fall is quiet a nasty time to practice your breathing techniques when its coming at you 100 K an hr lol

There are out there dogs like there are out there people. Some dogs would love it.

Ever seen seen a dog with it's nose in the wind? I reckon they'd be dissapointed when the chute opened!

I don't think such things are....necessary.....it's more to give the bloke a thrill than the dog. Gee look at what I can make my dog do....drrrrrrrr !!!!! I've seen dogs surfing and on motor bikes and I think in cases like that if the animal didn't want to do it again you'd tell by it's behavior after the event.....and maybe that can be said about the sky diving dog too....but no, personally I don't think it's a good idea. When my kids were little, and my daughter had a little dolls pram she kept under the patio, we had a cat that would take a leap into the pram and give itself a ride, the cat did this over and over again, and it thought of doing it itself......smart cat !!! :)

Most dogs are not stupid
If he has to drag it onto the plane then it is animal cruelty
But if it drags him onto the plane then its not as the dog obviously wants to do it

After 64 goes at it, the owner would be able to tell if the dog hated it. If he loves his dog, he wouldn't take it sky diving. I don't see anything wrong with it if the dog likes doing it :)

as mentioned the army paratroops with dogs and recently a k9 unit was sent in to deal with a 14yr old wielding a sword and pellet gun to me that was intentionally sending an animal into a life threatening situation that uncalled for, as reported the dog was struck in the head with the gun luckily not stabbed.

pretty much what longqi said, if the dog was forced onto the plain or went willingly pretty much dictates if it was cruel or not.

there have been stories on this pooch, he loves doing it, jumps in the plane, jumps up to be strapped in. if he didn't want to be there he would make himself AWOL as soon as he knew what was going on.

i dont think its cruel- if the dog didnt like to skydive it wouldnt get any where near the plane or allow its owner to let him sky dive.

we have all seen the videos and pics of the dog that scuba dives and it looks like he really enjoys scuba - under water chasing his owner or the dog that surfs on a surfboard or the dogs that skate on skate boards.
i have dogs and mine dont do anything they dont want to at all !! there smart and at the end of the day the dog sky diving would pick up very quickly after the first few jumps and if my dogs i wouldnt be able to get them outa the car !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back