Cheap fake plants, great selection!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Black.Rabbit

Reaction score
Typical, I go to Spotlight for some calico and I come home with a bag full of goodies!

They had a whole aisle devoted to fake plants, and a whole section of it just greenery. Prices ranged from $1.99 up to $10 (for the really big leaves).

These are my Diamonds' enclosures before:

296101_10150752911560398_644075397_19998318_1973392_n.jpg

And After
254711_10150756091585398_644075397_20037320_5659606_n.jpg

298156_10150756091495398_644075397_20037319_6884310_n.jpg

297251_10150756091375398_644075397_20037317_4511993_n.jpg

If you look closely, you can see that the big fan type leaves are actually screwed into the enclosures as they're strong enough to serve as a basking spot! Those fan ones were $4.50 each...

All up, to do both the enclosures it cost me $32 for 10 plants!

I'd say that's a bargain!!!

Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde don't seem too interested yet, they looked up, gave it the 'Meh' look and went back to sleep. I'd say they'll wait until I've gone to bed... Hopefully I'll find them somewhere new in the morning, most often they're always in the same spot.

Last edited:
Noice - thanks for sharing. I guess spot light here I come lol

Where did you get the skeleton from, been looking for one everywhere

Dreamworld funnily enough, when you get off the tower of terror and go into that shop that tries to sell you bad photos and random stuff... I instantly thought of my snake(s) (I only had my woma back then), and bought it lol... the black skull in the other enclosure is also from there. The skeleton is actually a wine bottle holder.

Dreamworld funnily enough, when you get off the tower of terror and go into that shop that tries to sell you bad photos and random stuff... I instantly thought of my snake(s) (I only had my woma back then), and bought it lol... the black skull in the other enclosure is also from there. The skeleton is actually a wine bottle holder.
Oh, I've seen them, that might be the go, thanks.

Wow i went to spot light yesterday and seen all their fake plants instantly thinking of my scaly babies, and they wanted $10 for this little stick with about 6 leaves on it!

Very nice enclosure, what are the dimensions? looks exactly like mine built by tsbjd.

Wow i went to spot light yesterday and seen all their fake plants instantly thinking of my scaly babies, and they wanted $10 for this little stick with about 6 leaves on it!

Which spotlight?

Very nice enclosure, what are the dimensions? looks exactly like mine built by tsbjd.

Thanks, the whole thing is 120 x 120 x 60 =)

Thanks - you just gave me something to do in my lunchbreak. I'm going to be allowing Moose "playtime" in his full size enclosure over the next few weeks, to introduce him to it slowly, and the ones we had, we removed from the Bredli enclosure, as he wraps around them and is impossible to remove. Those look like a bettwe style. Full without being overkill. I LIKE!

where did you get your skeleton man in the bottom corner? i want one

where did you get your skeleton man in the bottom corner? i want one

Did you read the previous page? :S

Where did you get the skeleton from, been looking for one everywhere

Equinny, nice find. Thanks for putting it up. Shall be in spotlight this weekend anyway so looks like the enclosure is getting a refresh :D

I just went and got 3 of those big leafed ones ($3) and you're very right, they're really tough and the perfect size for basking! Have just enough flex to move where you want, but rigid enough to have a smallish python crawl around on them.

I also got 2 large long leafed ones ($7 each) and a smaller bushier long leafed one ($7) plus a small grass like one ($4.50)

PLUS - I was wondering what to use as a basking shelf, and I found some ply made ready-to-paint placemats that are light and REALLY strong ($1.70 each) So will get a few brackets for them too!

Thanks so much for the inspiration, I will also post up pics tonight once we've had a go at our enclosures :)

Best $32 total I've ever spent. I was really worried I wouldn't find real enough plants for the enclosure that weren't really bushy. There were lots of flowery ones there too and I had to hunt around for a bit so locate the good realistic ones, but it was worth it.

Looks great go the spot light ;) go-lo, clints, sams warehouse, reject shop are all good for a cheap herp related score.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back