where to buy heat tape?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nervous

Reaction score
does anyone know where to buy heat tape other then the herpshop?

Would you not be able to get it from a hardware store?

Yes. Yes you can :)

I went down to the local 'Green Church' (Bunnings) and picked up some today.

There are two types. Smooth aluminum tape (cheaper by a little) and textured aluminum tape.
Don't pay the $50 they want for your money on eBay... $8 - $30 depending how big the roll is!

It's near the lead flashing, gyprock, foil insulation... If you are DIYing a background and know where the grout and sealer is - you'll be close as! (90% of Bunnings stores have the same layout)

Hope this helps someone :)

Attachments

• IMAG0592.jpg
    IMAG0592.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 99
  • IMAG0593.jpg
    IMAG0593.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 73
I think hes refering to heat tape as in heated tape and not stickytape..
International ebay sellers are good for it and can usually buy it by the foot from america... you still need to buy the crimp connecters to wire it.. and a step down transformer to convert 240v into 110v..
I just wired up a strip on the back of my incubator and it gets alot hotter then heat cord..

Last edited:
International ebay sellers are good for it and can usually buy it by the foot from america... you still need to buy the crimp connecters to wire it..
I just wired up a strip on the back of my incubator and it gets alot hotter then heat cord..

yes you can buy from the states but they are rated 110v... we need 240v here in australia. if you did buy from the US you would need some sort of converter, or there might be a big fire hazard in play with the difference in voltage.

Mabe its just me, but I can't see it
it is referred to as heating element on The HerpShop webpage. :D
cellpadding="7" style="width: 100%"
|-
| colspan="2" valign="TOP" width="77%" |
Herp Shop Heating Element

Now available in two widths - 100mm and 340mm
Actual heating area 90mm and 320mm
  • These elements should be installed by a qualified electrician.
  • A probe thermostat should always be used to control these heating elements,
  • Please follow these wiring instructions. Failure to follow these instructions may result in injury or fire.
  • The heating element can be cut to any length (through the clear bars) but not the width.
  • Should not be used in direct contact with metal.

| align="center" valign="middle" width="23%" | Click Here for wiring instructions.

|-
| colspan="2" width="77%" | HW320 320mm wide 70 watts per metre
| width="23%" | $35.00 per metre
|-
| colspan="2" width="77%" | LW320 320mm wide 35 watts per metre
| width="23%" | $35.00 per metre
|-
| colspan="2" width="77%" | HW090 90mm wide 20 watts per metre
| width="23%" | $30.00 per metre
|-

yes i have seen it on herpshop but $30-$35 a meter i s lot of money... especially when it is $9-$10 a meter in the states.

yes i have seen it on herpshop but $30-$35 a meter i s lot of money... especially when it is $9-$10 a meter in the states.

At that price differential, I wouldn't be buying it locally, I'd be ordering it from overseas, you'll save the GST too.

yes but overseas is 110v... we need 240v here! you can use a step-down converter, but they cost abit of money to buy.

well there you go, I may be wrong, but when you factor in the postage, the $$ difference plus the voltage.....;) it may be better buying locally?? :D

Last edited:
i've been in contact with a Korean company that developes the larger sizes 30cm wide 50cm & 100cm (he can do it with australias 240v preference)... he was charging $2.50 a meter. the only problem was that he only sold it by the roll, the roll is 100mtr long. so for a 30cmx100mtr roll it will cost me $250, the shipping for the roll is $90 totaling $340... pretty good!

if i were to buy a roll off you trader it will cost me $3500... that is a huge difference.

I was just thinking about how it would go in an incubator.... did you just run a strip the enter way down the back of your incubator? and is your incubator design a fridge? im thinking of doing my incubator similar.
Cheers Tim

International ebay sellers are good for it and can usually buy it by the foot from america... you still need to buy the crimp connecters to wire it.. and a step down transformer to convert 240v into 110v..

That is what I use ;)

I was just thinking about how it would go in an incubator.... did you just run a strip the enter way down the back of your incubator? and is your incubator design a fridge? im thinking of doing my incubator similar.
Cheers Tim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back