Pygmy Beardies for sale in Victoria?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sofoula88

Reaction score
So after a discussion with a lady at one of my local petshops, I was wondering if anything has changed since the last time I checked if Pygmy beardies had become available in pet shops in Victoria.. When I was first looking I think I was told there was an issue with the licencing or something like that, or because they had jst come up on licencing not many ppl had em yet..I would think if something becomes available that's pretty cool but I don't know the specifics.. Anyway from what I've seen in my pet shops there still not available.. Again not anywhere I've seen anyway.. So was wondering if anyone has seen them available and what there going for at pet shops if they are..I can only imagine but am curious anyway.. Basically the chick told me if I was to ever breed them they'd be happy to take em,but she'd have to run it by the owner (not that I was asking her to anyway) but good to know.. Anyway yeh it's more of acuriosity thing..plus I dnt think I'd wanna sell them at a lower price to a pet shop, first coz most pet shops I see dnt treat there animals very well, 2ndly if I sold em for ex at $80 ech and then went and saw em for $120-$150 each ..I'd be pissed lol.. I know some ppl are happy to get some money for em but personally I wouldn't..unless I was really desperate lol, and I think there's only 1 pet shop I know where they take good care of the animals and the owners are nice.. Anyway so enough rambling.. So does anyone know if there available in Vic yet and if not why?

No they wont be available in the petshop sceen for quite a while.
This is because of the licence they are on in Vic and to have them come back to a "basic" licence takes a review of the licencing system and keep list for each licence.
This process is one that takes a minimum of 2 years by the time they call for submissions, do all the reviews, make recomendations for what may or may not change status on the lists.

I'm confused, why does it matter that their on an advanced and not basic? Pet shops sell herps that aren't all on basic don't they?

I will say though I think it is pretty stupid they are on advanced yet centrals are basic..they have almost the exact same needs and specifics, so I don't know why there on advanced.. Maybe coz they are harder to come by?

just get them from a breeder mate. That is how I purchased mine as they were hard to come by. Every now and again you will see them on the forums for sale so keep your eyes out especially now that spring is on the way

ohhh lol I just skimmed over your post sorry mate lol.
yeah it is strange though i live in NSW and we don't have that problem thankfully!!!
I think they are a great reptile for any1 who wants something a little different to the common central bearded dragon or if they don't have the space for a cbd. :)

Yeh think Thats gonna make a good selling point if I ever breed em so it's gonna work on my favor I think lol.. But it is pretty stupid,they are great little pets and your right in many ways are better for someone who is new to the hobby and may not have the room for a central ..also they eat smaller crickets lol

Yeah mate smaller crickets are better as they don't make noise and think that the pygmys are a great reptile to own!!! :)

I'm confused, why does it matter that their on an advanced and not basic? Pet shops sell herps that aren't all on basic don't they?

I will say though I think it is pretty stupid they are on advanced yet centrals are basic..they have almost the exact same needs and specifics, so I don't know why there on advanced.. Maybe coz they are harder to come by?

Pet shops in Vic are only allowed to sell reps on the basic licence schedule! This is something that has always been and will be for some time.
Any time there are new listings to the keep schedule they are put on as an advanced licence rep. This is because they have not been kept in this state before!

Learn something new everyday.. I didn't even know that.. Ugh Victoria is so crap.. Ah well that answers that questionthanks beeman.. Well atleast were still allowed to buy and sell them so..eh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back