My stimmie turns eight months old

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Renenet

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
And, as of yesterday, I've had her for half a year!

There’s one word for what Zephyr has been doing over the last couple of months: growing. She’s been expanding and lengthening before my eyes.

On 28 June she was 48 grams and around 50 to 55 centimetres. Today she is 74 grams and, according to HerpMeasure, 64 centimetres. At two months old everything was feather light: bones, muscles, flesh and scales. One section of her body resting across one of my fingers felt barely there. Now she’s getting some weight to her.

Something in the fuzzies I feed her, maybe? I wanted to upsize her to hoppers but couldn’t get them, so I’m feeding her in a 2-1, 2-1 pattern: 2 fuzzies one week, 1 fuzzy the next. It doesn’t seem enough for her anymore. Any advice on her feeding schedule over the next few months will be appreciated, keeping in mind I’ve still got 10 fuzzies left that she needs to eat.

She’s still the sweetest little snake, often coming out of her click-clack to crawl onto my hand. The exception is when you drop her mouse just as she strikes and her jaws close on thin air, which is what happened last night. She was in such a feeding frenzy that 25-centimetre feeding tongs didn’t seem all that long anymore and I had to keep my fingers clear while trying to retrieve the mouse. She snapped at any movement like a mouse trap going off until she had firmly secured that poor rodent in her coils and mouth.

Recently I’ve noticed she’s attracted to moving shadows, her own most especially, which means she spends a lot of time staring at the wall. I try not to laugh...

Anyway, here are some pictures of my girl. Enjoy.

Attachments

• DSC_0818.jpg
    DSC_0818.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
Looking good,:)
If you want feed her 2 fuzzys per feed and look for some weaner
to smalls in the mice. She is big enough to handle them.

Last edited:
Sheldons and Bev (Wheaties)are 8 months on the 25th We'll have to have 1st B'Day party in a few months and celebrate with a couple of mice...lol

Thanks for the kind comments, everyone.

sorry i cant offer any advice, but what camera do you use?

Nikon D80.

If you want feed her 2 fuzzys per feed and look for some weaner to smalls in the mice. She is big enough to handle them.

Thanks Beeman. She's definitely getting those fuzzies down easily these days - except when she starts at the back end first.

Love those pics, she has beautiful eyes!

Thanks. She does, doesn't she. I've noticed that a lot of wheaties do.

Sheldons and Bev (Wheaties)are 8 months on the 25th We'll have to have 1st B'Day party in a few months and celebrate with a couple of mice...lol

I can't wait to see what Zephyr looks like in four months. I'm hoping to be able to give her an adult-sized enclosure for her first birthday. :)

Last edited:
Awsome pics of a great little snake, they sure grow well at this age. I think you could easily step her up to hoppers at least, my little fella will be 9 months on Friday, he's 93g and 69cm (herpmeasure) and is onto weaners now which are giving him no trouble at all. I'll have get some more pics of my little guy, i've been to busy though, i will wait now till he sheds next time.

Awsome pics once again, wheaties are cool!!

Awsome pics of a great little snake, they sure grow well at this age. I think you could easily step her up to hoppers at least, my little fella will be 9 months on Friday, he's 93g and 69cm (herpmeasure) and is onto weaners now which are giving him no trouble at all. I'll have get some more pics of my little guy, i've been to busy though, i will wait now till he sheds next time.

Thanks, Dan. Yours is growing so fast! I'd love to see your little guy, I'll look out for your pictures.

Wheaties are very cool.

nice colour developing there! :) keep us updated and thanks for sharing

Nice stimmie, growing well. I also have 2 8 month old Wheaties and mine are now on adult mice! lol

If you need a few mice i may now be able to help you out with a couple? PM me :)

She is so amazing! Now I cant w8 till my girl gets here!! She sounds like she has a great personality to!

If you need a few mice i may now be able to help you out with a couple? PM me :)

Jay, you're always so helpful. Thank you.

She is so amazing! Now I cant w8 till my girl gets here!! She sounds like she has a great personality to!

Thanks. Stimmies are an excellent choice. Zephyr is a great little snake, so placid and inquisitive, and even though she's a member of one of the smallest python species in the world, she's not scared of anything. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back