Help with Enclosure

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

varanus

Reaction score
Cleaning an old enclosure for converting today, the background was a desert theme poster adhered by weird adhesive to raw ply, I've removed most of the background but I'm left with the residue now, it's white and super tacky. I can't remove it. Any idea what can I use to remove it? A razor is smearing it. My intentions are to seal, then paint the interior black but I'm thinking I may have no choice but to begin a foam background now.

enc.jpg

tacky-gunk.jpg

With the raw pine I wouldn't suggest any liquids like turps or acetone, seeing as the glue is still tacky add some liquid nails around the edge and put a sheet of thin mdf on there, it will give you a fresh start

Now you've added the pics and i can see it's just strips of glue, I'd put timber / foam ledges on them, you can still paint them black,

Or possible try using a heat source as well i.e. hair dryer? Shouldnt be too hard to get that off one way or another though!!!

Work sand into it until it breaks down. Not going to be easy/quick, but it should do the job.

try heating it, but i think turps will be fine because its alcohol and evaporates quick.

Last edited:
Foam is in place. That was the easy part. Ive begun first coat of bondcrete watered down a little but its not effective reaching all the nooks and crannies. Maybe I am not being generous enough. What will be better to tackle this issue? More bondcrete or a grout? Brand names please.

3aa85674-763a-6d42.jpg

Head on over to the DIY group, theres a heap of info on how to progress with your fake rock and other discussions about render/grout comparisons, painting techniques etc.
http://www.aussiepythons.com/forum/groups/diy-enclosures-backgrounds-furniture-225/foamwork-430/

the first coat to go on is a very thin runny mix. 50/50 water and glue (bondcrete) and add just enough grout/render to thicken it slightly but still be thin enough to get into all those little nooks and crannies.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back