My close encounter with a king brown and eastern brown snake at the same time.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just recently a woman told me about how her and her kids watched a snake-catcher accidently kill a snake when it doubled back on the tongs and broke its own back.
She told me they saw blood coming from both ends of the snake.
The attitude of the catcher was
"well i got the snake for you, pay me now"

Pics or it didn't happen haha

This was worth the read. Poor little fella! I hope started paying attention in English class after this. It saddens m to see the written form of communication and story telling massacred by kids who take the lazy way out and type how a word sounds or abbreviate every second word until the whole lot becomes so hard to read it feels like it could give me cancer :/ lol

This was worth the read. Poor little fella! I hope started paying attention in English class after this. It saddens m to see the written form of communication and story telling massacred by kids who take the lazy way out and type how a word sounds or abbreviate every second word until the whole lot becomes so hard to read it feels like it could give me cancer :/ lol

The reading and writing skills that, to you, seem to be innate, effortless and second nature are not necessarily that way to everyone.

Reading and writing are learnt skills that not everyone learns to the same level or at the same rate. Spelling phonetically is better than not spelling at all.

Whilst they may not be that way to everyone, the nature of the internet 'speak' and 'texting' has seriously degraded the way people communicate with each other.

There is a member on here who generally is very nice but everynow and then he comments on it and yet he still hasn't learnt the correct word for story. Multiple times I've seen him use the word storey.

I'm more than happy to give people a fair go on spelling, grammar as I know my grammar isn't the best and I rush what I do, It's only recently I've had to focus more on it with higher duties etc at work. But spelling the same word wrong over and over just means you obviously don't know how to spell that word or understand the two completely different meanings behind it.

If he is 19 and talks/types like that with his mates and the peers of people that grew up around him which I assume he most certainly does on his facebook/textings etc that's fine. But when you come onto a educational (somewhat) forum and ask questions from professional keepers who've done this 20 + years and didn't grow up with the technologies today which has effectively made people lazy, how can you expect them to understand what he is trying to say? At least show some common manners when asking questions.

Having said that, I'm a bit of the in between era so to extents I do both styles of writing but you need to choose your audience.

Waruikazi I think its more laziness she is trying to talk about, I am sure that a 19 from today's education can spell every word correctly in the sentences he has wrote it's just that time is a factor now days so type faster! and e styles!

"I hope started"
"It saddens m to see"
And no commas.
I think i got cancer, too :(

Just leave this thread to rot in the depths of APS, please.
At least this ones only a year old, so many times Ive seen threads from 2008 replied to?

Just leave this thread to rot in the depths of APS, please.
At least this ones only a year old, so many times Ive seen threads from 2008 replied to?

Agreed! Someone posted on it yesterday so it came up to front of the pile and I had a gander. Was entertaining read but yeah the dates are slightly archaic lol

and again, someone with 3 posts starts up a year old thread, do you think it had stopped cause NOONE cared anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back