Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
When you stay up until 1 baking peat in your oven so its dry enough to glue to your back ground... and you burn yourself doing it *facepalm*

When your partner tells you your more interested in your bloody lizards and snakes that are breeding this year than a new child on the way!

When you spend all day worrying about your snake who is at the vet with a mysterious tongue lump and you're trying not to imagine him not waking up from the anesthetic because you feel like he's your child

When you spend all day worrying about your snake who is at the vet with a mysterious tongue lump and you're trying not to imagine him not waking up from the anesthetic because you feel like he's your child

You know your a reptile keeper,...when you see a fellow keeper in distress about their critter and just wanna givem a hug n say it's gunna be kool, we're hear for you no matter what. :D

When your partner tells you your more interested in your bloody lizards and snakes that are breeding this year than a new child on the way!

Congrats!! on getting your priorities spot on mate ;) How long till it hatches??

When people walk into your house and say "Uggh, what's that smell!" to which you reply "What smell?".
That is exactly mine!! Love it!- when you put up with the mean fruit world owner just to get his foam box lids to make hides an ledges!!-when your talking about pets and you say that you have 15 frogs in your room, and the person says "what just hopping around?"- when you cancel plans with COD and your friends just to make foam ledges with your best guy friend.

When you panic at the site of substrate in your beardies mouth and he looks a hideious shade of death warmed up but mum comes to the rescue after many calls and sms' to Carolyn

....your housemate is asking you have you seen her souffle dishes as she is sure she had a set of them, and you suddenly remember using them when you were short of H2o bowls....opps:D

Congrats!! on getting your priorities spot on mate ;) How long till it hatches??[/QUOTE]

November 9 Couldn't wait to see so got it sexed it's a boy. Now I have a pair lol.

when you refer to the birth of your unborn child as 'hatching'

when you have a fight with your dad and then totally nearly crap yourself when you open your birthday present and find you've been given a baby beardie then hear the comment 'gee rhiannon, thats the only time we've not heard you speak! say something!!' but your in to much shock and disbelief to say anything except 'EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE' and run around giving hugs even to those that don't like you.

-you know your a reptile keeper when you get asked 'so you got room for this little fella?' and the reply is...'if not, i'll convert something' then run through everything in your room you can convert into an enclosure.

- when you can sex a dragon at 4am

- when you convince your mum to let you keep all 3 reps and that you'll 'work something out'

- when you get asked how many kids you have and you you say 3, their names and ages, then get side glanced while walking away sniggering to yourself.

Congrats!! on getting your priorities spot on mate ;) How long till it hatches??

November 9 Couldn't wait to see so got it sexed it's a boy. Now I have a pair lol.[/QUOTE]

Congrats on the success creating a sexed pair of hatchies all the best to you n the Mrs for November. I have a few names if your interested, Levis, Asper, Gehyra, Galeatus, Nephrurus, Cinctus, Phyll short for Phyllurus just to name a few :)

Your 13 and your already got your whole life planned out: including types of animals you will keep, projects u want to work on, all your enclosures have to be perfect custom tanks and enclosures that will cost a bomb!

Your mum thinks your frogs are cute when u first got them but thinks they are dam ugly now that they are "big" ( I still love them though)

You already have a job at the local pet shop due to buying so many boxes of crickets!

People come to you at work and call u by your aps name ( scary! )

Your 13 and know the "Big Boys" in the reptile industry

Your 13 and u have a sketch book that u draw all your future enclosures in.

Your 13 and your frogs slough, your mum thinks it is horrible and wants to vomit, & u think it is fascinating!

Your at school in visual arts and am told to make a mythical creature but it "accidentally" turns out as a snake coiled around a rock!....

You have shown your mum so many pictures of reptiles and amphibians that she coudnt care less any more!

Your 13 and ask your mum if you can have a taipan as your first snake!... To her reply of " I don't want a little poison dart in my house!"

The only snake your mum will touch is the pretty green one ( green tree python ) as she spent like the " ugly " brown ones

Your 13 and your mum will no longer take u to herp meetings as they stress her out to much and she doesn't understand anything anymore!...

You crack up laughing in class when your science teacher says "diamond pythons come from the desert of central Australia" and everybody seems to believe her

When you ace your assignments and your teachers ask where u get all these great ideas from and you reply, " it comes from some awesome hobbies of mine"

Your 13 and already know what u want to be when u grow up ( a reptile and amphibian vet )

That was just a couple I could think of! Tell me if I should post more......

School reasons,

When suddenly u make more friends once someone knows that u have cool pets

When some comes to give a presentation on reptiles and some says that a frilled neck lizard is a skink u crack up Into non stop laughter

Know one knows why u do so good on tests on animals!

When some calls a picture of an echidna and calls it a porcupine! Lol

When someone truly thinks that toads are hairy, to your reply " does that make a frog spiny! "

When your neighbor is a professional photographer and comes over and says can I get some pictures of u and your rabbit for a essay I have to do? And you reply " I haven't got a rabbit... but I have got reptiles and amphibians, will they be good?.... Lol

So how old are you?

November 9 Couldn't wait to see so got it sexed it's a boy. Now I have a pair lol.

Congrats on the success creating a sexed pair of hatchies all the best to you n the Mrs for November. I have a few names if your interested, Levis, Asper, Gehyra, Galeatus, Nephrurus, Cinctus, Phyll short for Phyllurus just to name a few :)[/QUOTE]

I was thinking along another line of nameing but duely noted

You go to a job interview and use your snake keeping skills to get a job

"Name a time when your really organised"
"With my snakes...I write down every single feed, shed and clean down so i can go back and make sure they are all eating well, shedding well and are healthy and happy"
"Ohh..wow.....interesting"

No really i got the job..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back