David Attenborough

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
use ya brain man. i didnt fall on the keyboard and this reply just "happened". We have so much to appreciate.
OUT
I really feel that this is one forum where you won't win your argument, and the process to get there is going to be a flame war. Regardless this thread isn't the place for it so I'll respectfully leave it at that and get back to what is a good topic.

I recently had the 'Great Events' series recommended to me and finished watching it last night. Amazing! The scenes with the herring migration were phenomenal...

Every computer is designed then built by someone, right?

We know that a computer has a designer because
a/ There is no naturalistic explanation for a computer
b/ We can actually meet, touch and lick a computer designer ( though knowing geek hygiene I wouldn't recommend the latter )
c/ We can go and watch computers being made and see that identical copies come off an assembly line. What we don't see is daddy computer buying mummy computer a drink and , because they didn't us a firewall, make baby computer who is a little bit different than its parents

It simply does not make sense to acknowledge that a computer needs a designer and builder and at the same time claim that a complicated cell accidentally sprang into existence.
Biochemistry is not "accidental", It inevitably produces complex products. Amino acids and other complex molecules are even known to form in space. Also nobody knows what the most primitive cells looked like. All the cells around today are the product of billions of years of evolution. The earliest self-replicator was likely very much simpler than anything alive today; self-replicating molecules need not be all that complex (A self-replicating peptide. [Nature. 1996] - PubMed - NCBI), and protein-building systems can also be simple ( Missing links made simple : Nature News ).
And even though we cannot definitely how life first originated, this in no way degrades the theory of evolution, as it does not deal with the origin of life, just its adaptation to the current conditions.
And finally, saying that life has gradually evolved is far,far more logical than a magical, all-powerful pan-galactic being that has always existed ands stumbled around for (infinity - 6000) years before saying "let there be light"

I guess that seals the deal then. We were all magiced into existence.

And you are confusing your terms, evolution is about species changing and adapting to their environment. Abiogenesis is the theory of how life started. There is alot of evidence to support both theories, an awful lot more than an old book (which i have read) which supports creation.

Every computer is designed then built by someone, right?
It simply does not make sense to acknowledge that a computer needs a designer and builder and at the same time claim that a complicated cell accidentally sprang into existence.

Even if the region is not Aussie you can just plug a laptop into the tv. Im onto the blue planet now, really good and I havent seen it all before so Im totally sucked in.

Yea I love his stuff too, I have most of his DVDs and get them from GB ages before they are released in OZ and at a fraction of the price.

I as many have grown up amazed transfixed and wait eagerly for a new episode to come on. I recon even if your not an avid animal lover (which most are here) I think in his presentation you can see the man thrives on doing these series and totally loves his work and the world he lives in. D.A. You rock.

Have to feel sorry for the whale calf as well as the small fish.

The deep sea episode is really interesting, some very cool animals and the underwater 'lake'!

Does anyone know a good doco on killer whales?

Have to feel sorry for the whale calf as well as the small fish.

The deep sea episode is really interesting, some very cool animals and the underwater 'lake'!

Does anyone know a good doco on killer whales?
DA "Trials of life" has them hunting seals on the beach
also there is an ABC DVD called "Killers In Eden" that is about Killers of Eden: Killers in Eden

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back