My Python won't eat!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Exodus

Reaction score
I hybernated my python last year, so decided not to hybernate him this year, he has shed 2 times over winter.. (now a little over 6ft long) i go to feed him and he is very active, thinks about it and decides to give it a miss.. costing me a few $$$... (i have only just started breeding rats!).. wondering if he is wanting a variation in his normally rat only diet.. does someone have any suggestions for me?! or theories...
IMGP2077.jpg

its the time of year, my male black head is still not either. Its nothing really to stress about. when it warms up he will eat agian

My Jungles are doing the same, the big fella has refused food for over two months now, he is pacing the enclosure all day and night just about and is not least bit interested in anything i put in front of him. I actually think he is more interested in trying to get a mate. Even when i take him out not interested in food but is determined to find something all through out the house lol My next door neighbours snakes are doin the same to, its quite normal

If it's male it will be looking for a mate. Most of my mature male pythons only eat 5 or so months of the year, they are happy and healthy, just wanting to breed.

thanx guys.. yeah, he is pacing constantly.. except when the afternoon sun hits through his tank ;) then he's quite happy to sprawl out and bask!..lol.. when i lift his tank lidd he just about jumps out of the tank.. ... btw.. i say "he".. his name is charlie... because i don't know if it is male or female.. and i ain't sticking anything up there to find out ;)

My 7 year old male only finished his 3 month tantrum,over his involuntary celibacy,about a week ago.He is back hitting rats

Alvin is only 18 months old and he is doing the same thing...acting hungry then I offer food and he wont take it......and Elvira is too fat now....she likes his leftovers but I cant keep feeding her every time he doesnt feed or she will end up too fat.....touble is Alvin is only 18 months old........he isnt old enough to be thinking about girlies.....so I dont know...what do you guys think...he is a fussy feeder but normally not this bad......

Elizabeth

Alvin is only 18 months old and he is doing the same thing...acting hungry then I offer food and he wont take it......and Elvira is too fat now....she likes his leftovers but I cant keep feeding her every time he doesnt feed or she will end up too fat.....touble is Alvin is only 18 months old........he isnt old enough to be thinking about girlies.....so I dont know...what do you guys think...he is a fussy feeder but normally not this bad......

Elizabeth

18 Months old is about right for when they start to think about girlies. Especially if he has a bit of size on him.

Thanks Chantelle he is a jungle and is so restless....he is a difficult feeder but nothing like this....and he is so restless...all over his enclosure.....so that puts my mind at rest. I wouldnt say though that he has a lot of size on compared to Elvira...but he certainly isnt skinny because I have perservered with him with his feeding.....

I am keeping careful records so I can hopefully go back and check and see if he does it again next year....

I think I will leave him a month and will try again especially as by then Elvira will be ready for another feed....you should see her she is a fatty having all of his left overs lol

It will be a bit easier when my other two babies get bigger they are both pretty good feeders and so i will have three garbage guts rather than just one when he is being difficult lol.....

Thanks Chantelle he is a jungle and is so restless....he is a difficult feeder but nothing like this....and he is so restless...all over his enclosure.....so that puts my mind at rest. I wouldnt say though that he has a lot of size on compared to Elvira...but he certainly isnt skinny because I have perservered with him with his feeding.....

I am keeping careful records so I can hopefully go back and check and see if he does it again next year....

I think I will leave him a month and will try again especially as by then Elvira will be ready for another feed....you should see her she is a fatty having all of his left overs lol

It will be a bit easier when my other two babies get bigger they are both pretty good feeders and so i will have three garbage guts rather than just one when he is being difficult lol.....

My cat and dog are my garbage guts. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back