10ft coastal python to be mine soon

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
any coastal carpet pythons over 3mtres are rare in the wild et alone in captivity these days. as 'junglepython2'said, most people exadurate the length of their snakes ;) or go by the length of the shed skin. ive only seen and measured two wild coastals over 3mtres and they were beasts, and ive seen/owned/removed a hell of alot of carpet pyhons. id definately be interested in pics...accompanied by a tape meaure ;) i did the same thing years ago,got a big 7footer for my first snake, chucked myself in the deepend as they say. was fun come feeding time being inexperienced let me tell you haha good luck with it,hopefully its a big friendly thing:) smithy

You will get a lot of people saying they need a double bedroom and nothing less and others who will happily put them in a draw.

If you have the room, then by all means build/buy whatever size you want; if not, then build/buy something adequate enough.

I had all my snakes in large enclosures, and have noticed absolutely no difference since moving them to smaller set ups. They still eat, shed, defecate and breed just as well as they did when they were in their larger enclosures.

It all comes down to preference... I chose smaller set ups so I would have more room to be able to add more species to my collection + it is easier to maintain.

Yeah I can not agree more, I've met people who keeps massive pythons in racks. I just wanted to here other people's opinions. I haven't actually seen the snake yet but he seems to believe it is definitely 10ft I should have a photo by tonight and I will post it asap :)
Thanks for all your opinions anyway :)

any coastal carpet pythons over 3mtres are rare in the wild et alone in captivity these days. as 'junglepython2'said, most people exadurate the length of their snakes ;) or go by the length of the shed skin. ive only seen and measured two wild coastals over 3mtres and they were beasts, and ive seen/owned/removed a hell of alot of carpet pyhons. id definately be interested in pics...accompanied by a tape meaure ;) i did the same thing years ago,got a big 7footer for my first snake, chucked myself in the deepend as they say. was fun come feeding time being inexperienced let me tell you haha good luck with it,hopefully its a big friendly thing:) smithy

Haha feeding time will be interesting, I've got other snakes so I'm sure I'll be fine!

As you guys were right it was definitely over exaggerated it's only about 7foot lol

9088d2e5-fdb6-9e9d.jpg
9088d2e5-fdcd-5cd4.jpg

I just got a coastal hatchling, the lady where we got the snakes, told us the mum is 12 foot, I guess I'll just wait and see, I now have 5 slithering friends. better then most people.

funny how alot of people never underestimate the length of a snake,but always over estimate by at least 3 feet

I am better at under estimating than over-estimating. I got that from the lady I bought my first snake from. I was supposedly getting a 2ft yearling diamond python and on collection I was presented with a 5-footer. I remember saying to the lady, "That's not the snake is it? You said it was only 2ft." She says, "Yep thats her and she wouldn't be much more than two foot. " I got my tape measure out at home, with help of my partner, to measure her up, just one inch over 5foot.

I am better at under estimating than over-estimating. I got that from the lady I bought my first snake from. I was supposedly getting a 2ft yearling diamond python and on collection I was presented with a 5-footer. I remember saying to the lady, "That's not the snake is it? You said it was only 2ft." She says, "Yep thats her and she wouldn't be much more than two foot. " I got my tape measure out at home, with help of my partner, to measure her up, just one inch over 5foot.

Lol

Had the same experience. Was going to pick up some jungles and the blke said to me i have a 9 ft atherton if you want him. So me being me said sure why not (hadn't told te wife yet). Arrive there to pick it up...... 5.2 feet. i was like.... umm... Not even a stumpy jungle.... was a little disapointed, never the less a nice snake, quite easy to feed etc. and i didnt get in trouble off the wife.. infact although his colours are no the best he is still her fav :)

Snake Pimp,

I got a tiger from a mate once....its only a little fella....opened the bag and 1.5 kg 4ft '9 eastern was the "little" fella.

I rang him said did you make a blue and do you want your snake back? He said nah you can have it...(it was meant to be a 2footer)

Cheers,
Scott

I bet her partners felt emasculated quite frequently.

We keep our 6ft coastal in a 5lx4hx2w enclosure and sometimes I feel bad she's not in something bigger. Can't imagine 4x2x2...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back