Rbb ??

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
F

FAY

My partner is just getting his ven licence and wants to get a RBB.
I said it has to be top colour, you know black with top red or top blue.
As babies, can you get a good idea of how they will turn out colourwise??

ive heard that the red bellies from victoria have a better colour

My babies had intense colour.
055_8766.jpg

055_8765.jpg

to this;
blackmale.jpg

Last edited:
P.porphyriacus is one of the most uniform colour variants of any species, however there is a suggestive trend of more southern species to be larger and better colour over northern species(Shine papers) but thats not to say you wont get a good northern specimen.
Considering your in sydney you will most likely come across exactly what your after as many in captivity here would have come from sydney or surrounds originally ,and there is some really good ones around.

heres a couple of my qld girls

good luck im sure you wont have any problems finding nice ones for sale :)

as for me i like the brown and red and even white in rare cases that you get in the qld form rbbs.

rbbgirl (486 x 600).jpgrbbjpg.jpg

Hi Smithy. This might be a stupid question but I have always wondered how do you get those photos with the pure white background? what is the trick?
heres a couple of my qld girls

good luck im sure you wont have any problems finding nice ones for sale :)

as for me i like the brown and red and even white in rare cases that you get in the qld form rbbs.

View attachment 215313View attachment 215314

to be honest,that photo was taken of the snake placed in an esky on its side, the flash bounces off the white interior and gives a nice background :) lol

northern ones are not bigger than the east gippsland ones

northern ones are not bigger than the east gippsland ones

and both are tiddlers to Nowra ones if the local stories are to be trusted...
i have now twice heard the "stretched right across the road" tale applied to them down here

Lovely animals Fay, everyone should have one

The best RBB I've seen was collected from near Victor Harbour in SA. It was jet black with a deep crimson red belly. This animal was being used in a venomous snake handling course.

The largest I have measured was a 172 cm svl male. I have seen others that were larger than that in the same location....but they don't count as a tape was not put to them.

biggest RBB I ever saw was out west of Dalby,
unfortunately he was curled in the bottom of a tree trunk for the night so I couldn't get an idea of length.

He was at a guess 10-12cm in diameter or more, gorgeous colour under torchlight

Get ones with black noses. So southern ones are best.

This boy is from somewhere in SA, but I can't remember the exact locality. Has a very pretty belly aswell, definatley my favourite elapids.
tn_IMG_0114-1.jpg

The best RBB I've seen was collected from near Victor Harbour in SA. It was jet black with a deep crimson red belly. This animal was being used in a venomous snake handling course.

My uncle has some pictures of some absolute stunning rrb's in his backyard in victor harbour, some of the nicest ones of seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back