my woodie tank ?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BillReptiles

Reaction score
hay guys

ive recently put together my woodie tank i bought a 25 watt party light is this good for heat ive had it on for 10 minutes and its only 22 degrees ?

i havnt finished with the egg cartons i just got to get some more.

heres some pics

Attachments

• IMAG0042.jpg
    IMAG0042.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 121
  • IMAG0043.jpg
    IMAG0043.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 92
  • IMAG0044.jpg
    IMAG0044.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 92
  • IMAG0045.jpg
    IMAG0045.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 83

Last edited:
ive got a plastic tub, but i thought that its not as big as the tank. so is the light good though if its in a plastic tub?
and what if i put stryofoam around the tank would that help keep heat in ?
and im getting egg cartons this week end as i had no time to get some this weekend

Last edited:
Wish I had a 3ft tank spare just for woodies, use a tub and put some gex in that tank

One more time. Roaches don;t like light. If you really want to use a globe, look for one that emits heat but not light. Woodies don't need that much room - how many are you breeding for? Remember, the more boxes and cartons you add - even to stuffing small boxes inside each other - the more surface area for the roaches, they like small, dark places. You will also need to fluon or vasaline a line around the entire tub.
i know they dont like light i read it the first time but when they are under the egg cartons and boxes they wouldnt be seeing the light. and its a dark light which isnt bright at all!
i might get a heat cord tomoro though because the temps are reaching what is needed. i bought fluon already, but thanks for your help anyway

Wish I had a 3ft tank spare just for woodies, use a tub and put some gex in that tank
lmaoo ! i actually got that off a friend that had it in hes shed for a while and i have a 4ft tank just sitting there to lmao :)
whats gex ?

**** loads more cardboard and some fluon and your sweet man. and a heap of carrot thats all i used and mine bred forever

**** loads more cardboard and some fluon and your sweet man. and a heap of carrot thats all i used and mine bred forever
yerh i havnt finished it yet im gettin cardboard this week end. fluon should be coming on tuesday. what heating do you use? this party light doesnt get to the temps they need :(

lmaoo ! i actually got that off a friend that had it in hes shed for a while and i have a 4ft tank just sitting there to lmao :)
whats gex ?

I'd have a trio of knob tails in the 3ft and depending on the height and width of the 4ft i'd being using it for dwarf monitors

lol its 4ft by 1.5 ft by 1.5 foot.. id love to get ackie but might build another 5ft enclosure for em :) and i like leaf tailed gecko's but im just startin off small at the moment

To be honest i had it in my reptile room and never gave them extra heating. Still bred like all hell as well.

oh ok lol im not lucky enough to have a reptile room :( lmaoo hopefully one day

Hay again , the party globe is out now just b4 I go to the pet shop I was just wondering if roaches can c infrared ?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back