reptiles australasia magazine

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

herpingjournal

Not so new Member
Reaction score
we have had some negative feedback regarding some magazines that we donated to various clubs which were sold at a reduced rate to raise money for those clubs.

we do not want anyone to think our subscribers are not getting value for money.

so, to alleviate any perceived unfairness, we are distributing to all subscribers the first five issues as the annual subscription. this will apply to all who have purchased a subscription, and those who subscribe before September, when issue 1 will then become a back order item.

Subscription | Reptiles Australasia

and we do offer a satisfaction guarantee, if you are unhappy with the magazine we offer a full refund of your subscription fee.

Woohoo! I just subscribed the other day :D

I have not received my first issue yet but it seems to me that Reptiles Australasia are copping a heap of unfair criticism from certain individuals. I think I'm siding with a poster here who not long ago asserted that this was a sinister campaign involving multiple usernames/accounts from the same individual with an axe to grind...

- Jesse Hibbs

I subscribed on the 23.7.11 and haven't received issue 1 yet, I'm assuming this is due to a reprint or something similar?

Jesse, Reptiles Australasia has been subjected to an unprecedented campaign of negative comments.

Jamie (Editor, RA)

Not sure Wally, but the 23rd was a Saturday, it would probably take a few business days for processing your account, etc. I know it took about 2 weeks to get my first Scales & Tails sent out to me (I only subscribed to that a month or two ago). I did hear there were 1 or 2 typos allegedly in the first issue, maybe if there is a reprint they are fixing that? Not sure... Either way as a business owner myself I know that there are always teething issues when you get started, that's just the way it goes. Unfortunately in this age with forums and social media though even two or three small errors can end up being critically bad word of mouth. This also applies to people trying to sabotage your business using social media - this happened to my own business and I'm still hunting for the culprit!!

Wally, pm me your details (address etc) and Ill look into it for you. Your copy would certainly have been posted at the time of order - was it a subscription or the 1st issue offer?

Jamie

Jamie - See my above post to Wally and hang in there!

Thanks Jesse, make no mistake, we're more than hanging in there:).

Will sort it out for you today Wally, thanks for the PM.

Jamie

we have had some negative feedback regarding some magazines that we donated to various clubs which were sold at a reduced rate to raise money for those clubs.

some people complain about anything :rolleyes: I heard not only did you donate a free Reptiles Australasia subscription but you also donated a stack of free magazines that raised around $1000 for the AHS. And that was just to the AHS your post (various clubs) implies additional herp societies and clubs. I also heard that you personally paid for the AHS meeting speaker Greg Myles to fly down to Sydney for the meeting to give his talk.

very generous and well done.. and also a great offer to the magazine subscribers as well..

I received a stack of magazines (free) to be donated to the Cape York Herpetological Society. They will be sold @$10.- each on Friday 19th - all proceeds go to the club.

Many thanks Neil

some people complain about anything :rolleyes: I heard not only did you donate a free Reptiles Australasia subscription but you also donated a stack of free magazines that raised around $1000 for the AHS. And that was just to the AHS your post (various clubs) implies additional herp societies and clubs. I also heard that you personally paid for the AHS meeting speaker Greg Myles to fly down to Sydney for the meeting to give his talk.

very generous and well done.. and also a great offer to the magazine subscribers as well..

I agree with Colin.
Very generous of RA to donate everything and Greg put on a great talk. Very informative and humerous. Best meeting so far. If RA organised this, thank you.

STILL haven't got my box of mags yet! Reptiles Australia flew Greg to Sydney for his AHS talk and another meeting we had on the following weekend, of which more will become apparent soon. :) We plan to sponsor speaker events into the future.

Jamie

I think the magazine is brillant! Well done to those that helped put it together and i look forward to the up-coming issues!

10/10

I just got issue 1 in the mail today. Very beautiful and informative magazine. It's tempting to say I want more focus on native stuff, but I must say it's really nice to have some exotic colour in there, like chameleons etc. Very glad I subscribed.

I received a stack of magazines (free) to be donated to the Cape York Herpetological Society. They will be sold @$10.- each on Friday 19th - all proceeds go to the club.

Many thanks Neil
Likewise, if Cape york is too far to go for a magazine; I will be delivering a pile of mags, kindly donated from Reptiles Australasia, to the next SOFAR meeting at Newcastle to benefit the society.

This is a great offer. We're currently working on Issue 2, which will be released by the end of September, in time for the second Australian Herpetological Symposium in Sydney, starting on October 1. More on that very soon...

Jamie

Editor, Reptiles Australasia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back