A new enclosure finished for my slithery friend!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Python_Player

Reaction score
more pics

Hi all, not sure if this is the right section to post this or not but thought i would share my enclosure i made for my coastal carpet Nubi :). He's been living in this enclosure now for about 3-4months and he seems to be loving it. I started out purchasing the wooden cabinet; designed and made the rock wall and all other installations myself from scratch :). It was the first time i have done anything like this and my first attempt and pretty happy with the outcome. Will be doing another enclosure for my female coastal too with a different theme hopefully sometime in the near future. Any questions shoot and ill do my best to answer them (hopefully ill remember all the steps, it was a while ago i started to make this)

16.jpg 18 Enclosure dimensions.jpg 19.jpg 1.jpg 2.jpg

4.5.jpg 6 First Concrete Coat1.jpg 9 Final 2.jpg 12.jpg

Last edited:
just one quick question, how do you keep him in there, because I can't see any doors etc :)

guessing you haven't attached the actual finished product

ok, never mind, pics have appeared now

That's awesome!! Great work :D I bet your little coastal is loving that.
Thanks for sharing, can't wait to see the other one you build.

I love it! I wish i was creative like that......:? or even just had the patience to try! Well Done, im sure ur friend is quite impressed with his/her new home!

Hi five! That's a job well done, great for a first attempt. Don't forget to post pics of the next one too. Do you gave a theme in mind?

Thanks everyone:) glad you all like it!

Hi five! That's a job well done, great for a first attempt. Don't forget to post pics of the next one too. Do you gave a theme in mind?
Now im not 100% sure but im thinking prehistoric age theme. When i first designed the enclosure (on photoshop on my computer) i thought it looked pretty good, when i made it the enclosure came out NOTHING like i had planned haha, so i have the theme in mind but not sure on exactly how its going to look...mayb these things are best created as u go along ;) and if u have the patience it may be easier to make than u think

Reminds me of He-man. Which is apropriate since Skelator lived in Snake mountain :)
blog_rebuilding_snake_full.jpg

good looking enclosure i want to make some back rounds for mine also :) Wont be long before ur coastal outgrows that :p but always good for when u get new snakes :)

good looking enclosure i want to make some back rounds for mine also :) Wont be long before ur coastal outgrows that :p but always good for when u get new snakes :)

Last edited:
yeah! he is alreadys getting pretty large, and will have to start thinking about a new larger enclosure for him in the future :) but he seems to be fitting in nicely, and can still fit through the skulls eyes and mouth (its hollowed out and used as one of his hides)

That is seriously amazing work! I want to attempt something similar although I just know it will end up nothing like that..

haha thanks for all the comments, its def worth giving it a try to all you thinking about doing it, im very glad i did! ill add a couple pics of Nubi (male) i took tonight

2011-09-01 22.28.43.jpg 2011-09-01 22.29.16.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back