is it legal to breed and sell Green tree pythons in Victoria ?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

blackhawk1975

Not so new Member
Reaction score
I saw today on the pails for scales website that he has to go to caught today for displaying a sign advertising green tree pythons for sale i was under the assumption that if you held an advanced licence you could breed and sell green tree pythons in Victoria Hope some one can clarify this for me because i am interested in getting myself a couple of these fantastic looking snakes but not at the expense of a 6 by 4 cell lol

They're on advanced, and pet shops cannot sell advanced animals.

Can some explain why they and elapids can be advertised on his website but not in the shop

Roy has a displayers licence as well as a commercial licence. Advanced category animals would be sold from his displayers licence.
Paul

Thanks paul ...imo the vic dse is a far joke they put far to much effort into stuff that does not really matter but do some dodgy deals and obtain animals and keep animals that u shouldnt be and they couldnt really care ...all aout the money they can get from fines and what not

Thing thing that always baffles me is why DSE never worried about it for years and years and now all of a sudden it becomes an issue. They will now have to go and do the same to all commercial licence holders who are doing similiar things. Without naming anyone there have been shops keeping advanced licenced animals under a displayers licence on shop premises for as long as I can remember that DSE would clearly know about. It sounds to me like someone else with a commercial licence has been jumping up and down about it.
Paul

Hey guys I talked to Roy about it and it's a bit more involved then meets they eye.

Cheers Brenton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back