On line shopping addiction....

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

grannieannie

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hi, are any of you addicted....or almost addicted to on line shopping. I just LOVE shopping on line, mostly for jewellery and recently clothes. I always try and get free delivery and with the jewellery especially, only cheap stuff. I've got to be soooo careful not to spend much, maybe $25 at at time, but that can be made up of several items. It's fun, satisfies my love of... bling ....and hubby can't grumble cos it's only cheap. :lol:

Only a bloke and all, but the missus is getting into it in a big way (cheaper for sure)
Only thing is she is spending and impulse buying on products which is costing us more in the long run.
(Should tighten the chain a little). JUST KIDDING.
Its good to pick up a bargaing as long as you are not obsessive compulsive about things.

Happy shopping.

I only buy things I need and they either relate to art, photography or reptiles. I buy clothes sometimes, not really into jewellery. The US dollar is so low now it is sometimes cheaper to buy online from the US than buy the imported product here and reptile stuff is way cheaper online.

Buying books online will send me broke...

I used to love.....and still do....dangly earrings, but now I'm getting a bit older, I feel like I should go more into stud ones This morning I spent about $28 on 5 pair of stud earrings.....free postage from England. :) I'll give some of my bigger dangly ones to charity. I then went on to look at bangles, but noticed my bill was then $50....so I deleted the bangles. :)
Don't smoke, don't drink, rarely go out....so why not have a little fun. For books I go to the library or charity shops.

I became addicted to ebaying bromeliads..... I am now not sooooo addicted but so love online shopping
in comparison to actual shopping cause unless it is for fishing lures I dont really like shopping ;)

I love buying things on ebay mainly international e.g hong kong, china etc as its dirt cheap...
I get reptile supplies (electrics) and various other things for prices so cheap its insane..

same.
I get so many packages, my grandad knows the aus post delivery guy by his first name lol :p

Shopping online is the best thing everr invented!

I buy most things online, just for the convenience ..but yeh its so tempting to buy things you dont really need.

I buy clothes mostly, but have bought many many other things online..and now on facebook, most areas have their own little opshop groups where ppl can sell there unwanted items..and alot is brand new etc , iv spent alot on them too grr lol my latest buy was a 2nd hand nintendo ds lite for mee to play hehe that was an impulse buy..

I window shop online & try & buy from a store (get them to price match), I have zero patience & cannot stand waiting for stuff to be delivered, unless I have no other option.

I have size 13 (womens) feet, so I can't find any shoes in Australia that aren't sensible. It's what got me hooked. But retailers here are gouging bastards when it comes to a lot of things.

24 Oral B Vitality Toothbrush Heads - $15
Size 13 almond coloured 4" pumps - $20 (brand new)
Display cabinets (timber, never chipboard) - $10 to $50
PS2/PS1 bundle - $50

The list goes on :)

i love what you can find...but it is very addicitive...and paypal is the worst...one click and youre done....quite literally lol

I understand what you mean about finding it hard to buy some sizes of things. Shoes aren't my problem, though I'm a size 10. For me it's mastectomy bras. You can get them in a few speciality shops and places like Myers...but they are expensive. I bought some on the net for about 1/3 the price I'd have to pay in an ordinary shop. One shop where I've spent quite a bit of money on dresses and tops,...probably not allowed to mention the name here....also has mens stuff, and other catogaries of things for sale. They have womens underwear and I've suggested that besides ordinary bras, they include mastectomy ones, because lots of women of all ages have a need for them. They responded well about the idea.

I am definately addicted! In the past 6 mths, i have bought all new bedding for me & the kids (the dearest being my king size sheridan doona cover which was $12.50!), new curtains for every room in the house (from egypt, egyptian cotton, paid $4 a set!), a new corner lounge, which has 2 recliners & a sofa bed, i paid $400 for it..........seriously the list goes on & on & on, i picked the kids dsi's up for $45 each, games for .99c, ive almost finished all my xmas shopping now 2, yesterday i just won a xbox, with kinect & 5 games for $157. I have spent a fortune, but have got HEAPS! Australia post is at my house daily, she now has my number for if im not home!

OH NO!!! What happened?
I sold a camera that was broken and listed it as broken. The guy knew what was wrong with it but then when he got it he said that is not what he thought the problem was. I told him it was list for parts or repair, as is. He asked for $100 back, I said no. He opened a Paypal dispute and even though I did everything right, they found in his favour and now my Paypal account is on hold until he returns it. Since then I have done some investigating and discovered he's been online on a forum asking about repair costs. guess how much, $100. So, anyway, looks like he is not going to send it back so I get the money back but it frustrates the hell out of me that they always find in the buyers favour, even against there own policies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back