N. wheeleri shoot

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very nice photos as always. I've been seriously considering getting some of these, I'm now convinced.

All the question ......

I used 3 flashguns in the first 3 shots and a Canon twin-lite in the head close ups. Al at f16.
A half decent camera would be probably around the 3K mark, that is body only. A very decent camera 5-10K but there is no point sending big money of a top of the range body unless you can afford to buy top of the range lenses - they cost a lot too.

Great shots Michael. Not a bad specimen either. I'm sure the people attending the Herp Photography Masterclass in Sydney with you in a few weeks will enjoy and utilise your knowledge.

Nice one! I was wondering if anyone would pick it up. I used umber filter over the right hand side flashgun. Always experimenting.

Off to the uni now to shoot pseudoscorpions.

It's a successful experiment mate... gave it a nice dusk feel, quite appropriate for a gecko species and it complemented the colours of the gecko quite well. :D

Did you have much trouble with the MPE? I've never used the lens but heard its a real challenge to use hand held at the higher magnifications. Excellent shots, reckon you've made my mind up for me on saving up for a 100mm 2.8 IS L

The MP65 is a bit tricky when hand held but you get used to it. It opens up a new window in close-up photography.
This Pseudoscorpion is only 3mm, without this lens I would have to do a lot of cropping.

i-qj9wjSf-M.jpg

Thanks for the quick reply, I've been interested in getting into some macro photography but I reckon I will get the 100mm first till I can get reasonably sharp well lit shots. If you have a page set up I'd be keen to have a bit of a look at your work

Definitely get the 100mm first, the MP is limited to 1:1 and higher mag, that's it. You can't take normal shots with it like with 50mm macro.

You can see my images here: Michael's Photos

Wow, fantastic shots Waterrat. Thank you for sharing them.
Mummabear, great looking banded ... you have some great lookers in your collection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back