Who's hoping for Albino Mac's this season?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
if i had them i would post them but the breeder would not give me any if my male proves out i will be posting pics then

OMG....does anyone else have the sense of deja-vu as well?? :lol:

Good luck with the explanations Chondros and better luck this year with the pairings!

Recently i was aksing a friend about the genetics and told him i wanted to breed mini albino olives (aka albino childrens) so this has me very excited!
Chondros can you please pm me about your T-? I have found someone with T+ but not T- until now :D
If these weren't so pricey i would be straight onto 1 or a pair, not for breeding but because i love albino and lighter coloured animals. The reason i would choose these over an albino darwin is because of size and handlability etc which is also why i asked my friend about breeding albino childrens in the first place.
I hope their breeding goes well and that in the future the price does come down a little.

no not yet as my male from last year turned out not to be a het got it as a 100% het female then it turned out to be male and a normal so this year im trying my 66% het male

You got a 100% Het which turned out to be normal from a breeder that won't supply pics of albino animals? Am I missing something?

a 100% het female turned into a normal male - did the breeder give you another snake or a refund ? when 100% doesn't cut it, how can 66% ?

back to the original topic, did anyone who bought spotted hets from snake ranch before - breeding them this season ? any results please

Last edited:
Bought some this season. Most of the animals that were avail this year were not at breeding size. People who have bought last season stock may be breeding.

I think he means the breeder of his 66% het wouldn't give photos of the albinos, not the breeder of the dodgy 100% het.

no he will not give any me photos but i have seen the albinos in person
when i got them all he was willing to sell was 100% het females and 66% het males and when i reprobed them on the female 100% was a male so i pair the now 100% het male with the other 100% females and ended up with all normal from them

chondros: what do his albinos look like compared to the snake ranch one, totally white as well ? you saw the actual albinos or pics of them ?

Albino macs

Interesting thread. Been looking at some of the past releases from SR and have found that in a three year period some of the superior releases have fallen up to 88% in offered price. This would mean that in three years time a pair of albino macs would be $1700. The ones that held were the albino olives, and albino bluetongues. The worst were the black bluetongues and the Kimberley python. Buy them for the love, not investment, returns are slow. The market will always be there but at what price.

Simple solution: Breed 10pairs@$1700each. That's $17,000 by my maths. You might not do it the first year but it's certainly obtainable over the lifetime of the first pair.

I love the albino macs, I've seen one in person and they are translucent white with pink/flesh coloured patterns. The belly is translucent white.
I'd imagine a blond mac or a platinum mac would look different again. I think an albino blonde mac would have a nicer white with more a spectacular pattern.
This type of white with albino macs reminds me of the "blizzard" corn snakes, not an opaque enamel white but more like a translucent milky white, and the pattern reminds me of "snow" corn snake patterns, a pinkish colour. Just that the patterns are more subtle, but the similarities are definitely there.

I think they will be much more interesting when you add a bit more colour by hybridising with the wheatbelt stimsons. (Dare I say that?!) I love the yellow and orange patterns on the albino Darwins. I think that patterned Antaresia will be a bigger market than just the more plain-looking spotteds. It will be fun to watch it develop.

I like them , but not at that price. Albino oilives are getting cheaper!

I like them , but not at that price. Albino oilives are getting cheaper!

I noticed that too and was like hmmmmm, maybe albino olives aren't too far out of being in my budget anymore :D

But then again the feeding and housing of olives would still be a bit out of reach for me :( Feel free to buy some and rub it in to me though :lol:

Last edited:
Simple solution: Breed 10pairs@$1700each. That's $17,000 by my maths. You might not do it the first year but it's certainly obtainable over the lifetime of the first pair.

Ahhh Reptiles......The ultimate 'Get-rich-quick' scheme.

imrichz.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back