Reptile keeping in WA

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DavieB

Reaction score
Hi I'm looking at moving to WA in the next few months, I currently keep a green iguana, I know i cant bring her with me but I would like to know the rules and regs on reptile keeping over there. I am interested in arboreal monitor species. I get the feeling rep keeping is not easy over there due to legislation.

No exotics mate
Simply, If it doesn't naturally occur here you can't have it

If you look at the 'Approved Reptile Keeping List' on the link I gave you it has their common names as well as scientific.

The arboreal monitors you can keep are the Stripe –tailed Pygmy Monitor (V. caudolineatus) and the Black-Tailed Monitor (V. tristis tristis). Not arboreal but rock dwelling and climbing, you can also keep the Ridge –tailed Monitor (V. acanthurus).

Blue

Hopefully it'll change before we all get too old haha I'd love to have a keeping list as long as NSW or QLD

Adelaide is much like a smaller version of perth, still quite green and relaxed but you can have lots more reptiles and is a chill place... they dont call it sa great for no reason... lol

cummon someone, bite...

Yawn.. And swap the Kimberley's, Pilbara, The South West for church's??? No thanks ;)

Me and the Mrs are set on perth, more opportunities there for my trade. Its there or Queensland, I fancy Perth more. Pom headed Perths way soon lol.

Gutted to be leaving my big girl behind though. She's only 2 :(

ScreenShot2011-09-03at231209.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back