Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Done.

Put together one of these letters, and put it here, and i'm sure we'll all sign it.

You also need your local Herp society to back it up with a submission to the department with the wanted changes. The letters are an important part of pushing things through.

You also need your local Herp society to back it up with a submission to the department with the wanted changes. The letters are an important part of pushing things through.
yeah i think some of this is all sort of happened, the government just needs to do some stuff bout it and i will be happy. :D getting placards next lol :D

Sent :) I'm moving back to WA soon so hope this works or I can't take my babies

WA and Tassie are the only states doing it right.
Restricting people to keeping local species rather than importing potential pests is a smart plan to keep these unique ecosystems and protect the species within them. If you really care about our herpetofauna, have a re-think. You have plenty of options for pet reptiles you can keep already, appreciate them but don't be greedy.

Sent! What a fantastic idea, I'd love to have a wider choice of reptiles to keep

Restricting people to keeping local species rather than importing potential pests is a smart plan to keep these unique ecosystems and protect the species within them. If you really care about our herpetofauna, have a re-think. You have plenty of options for pet reptiles you can keep already, appreciate them but don't be greedy.
The problem is there are a lot of reptiles native to WA like RSP and wheeleri that aren't on our keepers list yet.
I can't agree with you since there is no difference between me keeping a BHP from the Kimberley in Perth and someone keeping a scrubby from Qld in northern Vic. Once you take an animal out of it's natural range it's exotic. Regardless if it's the same man made state.

Jordo, could you explain to us how could possibly any python species survive, not to mention become a pest in Tasmania? Or any tropical and sub-tropical species for that matter? The mind boggles!

Last edited:

What unique ecosystems are you talking about - the lounge room? shed? games room? They are generally not all that unique, although my mate Craig has a pretty unique games room, but I don't think there's much species worth protecting in it.

Seeing that your from Victoria I imagine your statement to be a bit "do as I say not as i do" - just out of curiosity how many letters have you sent off to the Victorian Minister for the Environment requesting restrictions on reptile species in Victoria - especially given that there are many non endemic Victorian species in the system?

When you have pretty much zero restrictions on keeping reptiles - especially endemic species - its easy to point the finger at others and call them greedy isn't it!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back