Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

snakemanbenny

Reaction score
Hi All, my coastal carpet hasn't eaten in 5 months and i have tried everything and i mean everything, the vet isn't too concerned, so any new suggestions?????? yesterday i have moved him to a bigger pen i have built outside and is more on the move so hopefully he will start eating......

There is a search bar up there ^^^ on the right, there are a million posts like this.

What are his temps on? He needs to be at at least 31 at the hot end so i hope ur out door enclosure has all the proper heating. How old is he? There are heaps of things u can try..Using mice or rats or quail or chicken, it might not just like eating a certian food. If that doesnt work i get a garden skink out of my garden and grab the bit of the tail that falls off and use a piece of hair (long hair) as kinda like a fishing wire and use it to wrap the skink tail on a mouse or rat (my baby childrens python wont eat unless i do it and im slowly growing him out of it).
Also if u can check his gums, if they look gooey take him straight back to the vet and tell them he has a R.I

Thank you, he is 7 years old and have tried all sorts and sizes of food and nothing, tried braining, cutting the nose of a rabbit to produce the smell of blood, tried live xtra huge rats..... the temp is kept at 30 - 32 degs at hot end and normal day and night temp at the other end. he is more active in the last day since i moved him in to the new pen. What is R.I?????

oh ok, he was at the vets last week for a general health check and he is good. this is the longest he has been without food but reading so many items on this topic is just a general fact really when you think about it...... sometimes there just not hungry!!!!!!!!

oh ok, he was at the vets last week for a general health check and he is good. this is the longest he has been without food but reading so many items on this topic is just a general fact really when you think about it...... sometimes there just not hungry!!!!!!!!

its strange, my 8 month old coastal hasn't eaten in 2 months

yeah true too, last year my coastal didnt eat for 3 months then he ate like a horse for the few months leading up to this dry spell. my other snake which is a diamond python is eating heaps but even she had a dry spell early last year too for 2 and a half months. i dont think anyone has a correct answer so im gussing if he is hungary he will eat.....

My brothers coastal FINALLY ate again yesterday, she is 4yrs old & hadnt eaten for 19wks.......its the longest she has ever gone without food, but health wise she was great! I wouldnt start worrying just yet, so long as the temps are correct & there are appropriate hides etc, & the snake itself seems in good health.......it will eat when its hungry.

well males go of there food for a few month a year just wait it will start to eat soon
I have carpet that are going on 6-7 months as they do each year with out eating

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back