Protein supplements

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

noah2112

Reaction score
Anyone here use jack3d pre workout? If so what do you think of it? Cheers :)

I have, didn't rate it. After a while, it didn't really do anything for me.

I use Mesamorph now and it works well for me.

no but i have a friend that uses it
some of the ingredients bother me quite a bit, basically like V or mother in powder form

especially with the fact that he told me how shaky he gets post consumption
i'll stick with my protein powder, milk, yoghurt and berry smoothies thanks

*edit: for what purposes tho, is your goal to build muscle or just get lean?

Last edited:
no but i have a friend that uses it
some of the ingredients bother me quite a bit, basically like V or mother in powder form

especially with the fact that he told me how shaky he gets post consumption
i'll stick with my protein powder, milk, yoghurt and berry smoothies thanks

*edit: for what purposes tho, is your goal to build muscle or just get lean?

There bugger all sugar in it.
My goals have been to build muscle, I think it works great makes me push harder and always get that extra rep! Just was curious on what you guys thought! Still trying to find a good protein though.... I want wpi not mass gainer

in that case personally i'd rather invest on a decent protein supplement, perhaps with added creatine. Theres no point in increasing your reps and pushing your body all out and have nothing to repair/build with (again, personal opinion)

Eat more Protein.

Just train Harder.

If you want to build solid muscle that will not dissipate quickly. Train for a few weeks before you start stuff like jack3d or equivalent. If your body is already training and in the swing of things you will see results quicker when you start with these sorts of products.

Just like all things in life. If you work hard first you will see the results later.

CRAP!!!!

Stimulant pre work out supps = poo!! if you really need (eat well and you shouldnt!) a pre workout supp try Bioflex no stims and made in tassie!! highly recomended!

(coming from a 120kg sasquach)

Eat more Protein.

Just train Harder.

If you want to build solid muscle that will not dissipate quickly. Train for a few weeks before you start stuff like jack3d or equivalent. If your body is already training and in the swing of things you will see results quicker when you start with these sorts of products.

Just like all things in life. If you work hard first you will see the results later.

And Most important!! REST!!!!! just remeber weight training stresses your CNS and it needs to recover! (overtraining)

supps SHOULD NOT REPLACE FOOD!!

Last edited:
I have Jack3d, Been using it on and off for a while. I think its great stuff, All stimulents in there really but it does the job. 1 Scoop 3 times a week before a workout and i can blast through it with more intensity than if i didnt have the stuff. I think Protein and ur diet is more important than pre-workout supps but he didnt ask whats more important. Jack3d is prob one of the best pre-workout supps i have used and great for endurance training. I think it helps your mind more than your body. But by working out with harder intensity you are going to tear more muscle fibers and create more neural pathways and hence thats one step in getting bigger/stronger.

Also if u want good WPI protein go for Gold Standard.. The best IMO and a lot of others Opinions.

supps SHOULD NOT REPLACE FOOD!!

This is the best bit of advice in this thread. Proper foods are SO much better for you than supplements. And they will work MUCH better. Replenish your body with adaquate levels of carbohydrates (dependant on your expenditure), proteins and fats and you will see better results than using any supplements. Eat plenty of red meat which has a more easily absorbed iron and high levels of protein. Kangaroo is great as it is super lean. Fish is also one of nature's best foods. If you're after an easy fix after a session and a bit strapped for time, try skim milk powder with some Milo and water. This will do a better job than most supplements and is about 1/20 of the price.

Last edited:
I eat well. I do have protein I have maxxs wpi big blue box with superman on it lol it's good but I'm almost finished.. And I know how to train... Don't need tips on that.
Just wanna know what you guys think about certain products that's all :)

I have Jack3d, Been using it on and off for a while. I think its great stuff, All stimulents in there really but it does the job. 1 Scoop 3 times a week before a workout and i can blast through it with more intensity than if i didnt have the stuff. I think Protein and ur diet is more important than pre-workout supps but he didnt ask whats more important. Jack3d is prob one of the best pre-workout supps i have used and great for endurance training. I think it helps your mind more than your body. But by working out with harder intensity you are going to tear more muscle fibers and create more neural pathways and hence thats one step in getting bigger/stronger.

Also if u want good WPI protein go for Gold Standard.. The best IMO and a lot of others Opinions.

Last edited:
It's good stuff man I have being using it for a couple of months now and love it ay, It just gives you a good kick before training if your feeling a lil sluggish also if you are going to use it don't use it everyday, only use it on days you feel sluggish because if you use it all the time your body will start to get use to it and wont work as well so go on and off and it will work great for u.

It's good stuff man I have being using it for a couple of months now and love it ay, It just gives you a good kick before training if your feeling a lil sluggish also if you are going to use it don't use it everyday, only use it on days you feel sluggish because if you use it all the time your body will start to get use to it and wont work as well so go on and off and it will work great for u.

Really agree with this. Thanks

Well, I haven't used jack3d, but I have used no-xplode once, which is pretty much the same thing.

About 30 minutes in I started feeling like I was super-dosed on caffeine.
About 35 minutes in I got a major head spin during a warm up bench press set and dropped the empty bar on my chest
Being thankful as hell that it wasn't 36 minutes in when I'd have weight on the bar, I went home and never touched the stuff again.

Well, I haven't used jack3d, but I have used no-xplode once, which is pretty much the same thing.

About 30 minutes in I started feeling like I was super-dosed on caffeine.
About 35 minutes in I got a major head spin during a warm up bench press set and dropped the empty bar on my chest
Being thankful as hell that it wasn't 36 minutes in when I'd have weight on the bar, I went home and never touched the stuff again.

suppose it depends on your tolerance to stimulants? Definitely not for someone who has heart problems or other issues, since jack3d has (as claimed by the site) about 100 mg of caffeine per scoop. As for NO explode, theres no claim on actual quantity stated for the stimulants used so one can only wonder

upper limits for a "safe" dosage is about 300 mg/day, but again, depends per individual

oh and again, caffeine's not the only stimulant there, but atm cbb to check up the other stuff

Last edited:
I dabble in powerlifting and as others have said just eat heaps and lift heavy. Proper lifts too not stupid bicep curls or cable flies :p

If you feel you really need something after following the above then creatine does make a difference.

from what ive been told from nutritionist jack 3d is bad for you as it has some of the chemicals found in amphetamines.

gives you a good rush but after training you feel like your coming down from a bender

i stick to a lot of bcaa supplements before and after training but that's just me tho i need to stay lean for my fight weight

supplements are exactly that, supplements. supplement your already perfected diet, and not replace proper foods with supplements.
remember to lift heavy in squats deads nd presses

from what ive been told from nutritionist jack 3d is bad for you as it has some of the chemicals found in amphetamines.

gives you a good rush but after training you feel like your coming down from a bender

i stick to a lot of bcaa supplements before and after training but that's just me tho i need to stay lean for my fight weight

Any proof? I don't believe that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back