downsizing collection but want to keep something.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Clarke.93

Reaction score
afternoon guys, hope everyone is having a great weekend,

i was thinking today that finally the collection is getting closer and closer to nothing these days and that i want to keep something still!

I basically want to keep something small and simple on a bedside table or similar in one of those exo terra enclosures that have front opening doors.

(For the people that went to gold coast expo, do you remember that little dragon that was over in the right hand corner as soon as you came in the doors and next to or close to the hatchy death adder?? What are they and how big do they grow, care etc etc.

Im interested in maybe a few frogs aswell, but id like to have something else, thats more of a show animal that would rather you not touch it unlike a beardy .

Money really isnt an issue but no snakes, they are off the list since they are banned in my house hahah.

so in the end i need you guys to give me some guidance on what would be a nice little lizard or dragoin to have that not everyone has etc etc once again.

Thanks for your all your help in advance hopefully i get some awesome feedback that ive seen around on other posts.

Cheers guys,

Enjoy your weekend!!!

humm, Boyds dragon? Geckoes? thats about all i can think of

Banned in your house? Get a new wife, I did, worked a treat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haha, I agree with Scotty. No girl (or man for that matter) is worth not having snakes.

What about jacky dragons if you can keep them there, I used to have a couple and they were awesome little guys with great little personalities :)

oh ok, what is the difference between boyds and jacky??
Color and size wise??
thats what im looking into now.

I guess it depends what look you are going for. Jackys are similiar to beardies in that they have that red brown inland look going on, so good if you want the rocks, red sand, etc look. Boyd's are a forest species by definition so more suited to a lush, green looking tank and they have some nice colour on them if that''s what you are into.

I've never owned Boyd's so i can't comment on the personality there but the jackies are certainly funny, friendly little guys once they get to know you. I've kept them happily in a tank with larger skinks too.

yea i have looked into them and have got that far, but i want it to be more of a centre piece in my house kinda thing. so probably the boyds would suit better.

Yes red ink im aware of that and have moved away from a small enclosure and going to a larger "centre piece thing.

Cheers.

yea i have looked into them and have got that far, but i want it to be more of a centre piece in my house kinda thing. so probably the boyds would suit better.

Yes red ink im aware of that and have moved away from a small enclosure and going to a larger "centre piece thing.

Cheers.

There's heaps of info on the Boyds on a sticky on the lizard forum... Their a great looking dragon, have a look at the Southern angle headed as an alternative as well.

yea thanks mate had a look through it yesterday and another look now.

Do you roughly know how much these guys go for?
im looking for a bit more color, i love the look of angle headed hatchies i just wished they stayed that brown hahaha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back