G'day to one and all

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

aussiecowgirl

Reaction score
Hey guys n gals, I'm Sabby and i'm fairly new to the reptile world and what better way to learn more than through a fantastic group like this one, I love the outdoors and family time, I'd love to get to know and learn from others who own or owned Diamond Pythons and Darwin Pythons so come say Hey :)

Last edited:
Early morning welcome to APS. I own both a diamond and 2 darwins. They are great snakes.

Hi Sabby, I`m new here too!. Welcome to you nevertheless. I have a pair of juvie darwins and a diamond as well in my collection. I fell in love with the darwins as soon as i seen their pics on `snake ranch` and twiddled my thumbs for hrs waiting for opening time to ring and secure them for myself. And i got them too!!. The girly is very snappy and the boy is really cool. Cant believe the colour variations in darwins. Mine are really gold with not a great deal of black on them. NICE.

hey guys, Yes they are great snakes I got the Darwin the day I received my licence mind you I researched before buying, My Darwin is brown and gold with just a touch of green going through him and he is such a gentle thing, and i'm slowly introducing my kids to him which they think its great, but they also know that if they ever come across one in the wild to leave it alone, walk away and let an adult know ASAP. My diamond is a male yearling so still a baby which he needs to learn some manners lol likes to grab everything tightly. How do you go with your Diamond with adjusting the heat for nights have you got yours on a timer or do you do it manually? and at what temp does it usually have to sit on during the night?

Hi Sabby, i own both as well amounst other things.
If you ever get stuck, im sure you will get the right answer here.

Welcome, I dont own either :) however we have 2 Coastal's that we love very much and hope to get an RSP in the not to distant future :)
Kind regards
Crystal

Hey Sabby the aussie cow girl dont own any diamonds though have a darwin his the best snake I have never strikes or bites me never has though that Is unusual to have such a placid snake

Thanks heaps guys, Hi Crystal thats no worries at all chick anything to do with snakes and info is all a big hype for me really I want to add more to my collection in the near future so all feedback and knowledge is great hun, next addition that im intrigued with is the water python but will get my current 2 down packed first :) Hi Pythrulz! Darwins have such a gentle nature about them but my word they can be temperamental with dehydrated skin the slightest movement of his water bowel and wham the humidity goes to buggery which causes him to stress and its a nightmare having to soak him in warm water to get the rest of his skin off, not the easiest of job but hopefully I have everything right this time ready for his next shed :) does anyone else have problems with humidity at times? and how do you cope with cleaning there cages and getting the humidity right again because i can put his water dish in the exact same spot but then im finding myself having to move it around all the time because its not right and im back to square one again lol

Hey sabby welcome mate!!! Be sure to keep us updated with your collection. Talk soon!

Welcome!!! You've stumbled across a fantastic site... you'll be welcome with open arms by a bunch of people who have a wealth of knowledge.

What sort of business do you run out of interest?

I run a Domestic and Commercial cleaning company and help with my husbands shed erection business :) thanks once again guys

welcome Sabby to APS, im not sure if you are aware or not but i thought id mention that vhs has their meeting next week on the 21st September at the Prahran RSL,and all visitors are welcome . There is also a post on this forum about it.

Hey Sarah, no i didn't know that but that's fantastic feedback, I will def be looking into that and trying to put the 21st aside, it must fall on a Wednesday yeah?, Thanks for sharing Sarah :)

Welcome!

It is always rewarding to meet a newbie with such passion for the hobby and a clearly evident recognition of the importance of doing the research before buying.

Do you possess a hygrometer to measure relative humidity? If yes, you should be looking at 60% plus for your Darwin around shedding time.

There are a number of things you can do to increase humidity…
· Reduce the amount of air flow by partially covering vents. · Increase the surface area of the watering bowl. · Move the watering bowl partially over (or under) the heat source. · Provide a moist hide, such as one lined with damp sphagnum moist. Will post more, if I think of any, after I have a decent sleep. LOL.

Blue

yes it does it starts at 730pm from memory there is usually a mini auction , followed by a talk and offcourse pizza.If you want to know more you can check out the VHS website.

G'day blue funny you should mention vents lol I had only done that 2 nights ago :) I have actually taped a piece of velvet to cover inside the hide that gets sprayed first thing of a morning which I have noticed that its actually working for in there only velvet tends to stay damp for a while ive noticed just for tho's who have trouble as well, and yes I must purchase a hydrometer also I have added an air rock into the tank that also has been getting sprayed to the point that I have puddles sitting on top which also has been helping but we can only wait and see how her next shed turns out :) fingers crossed :)
Hey Sarah yep checked it out, my Wed nights are always hectic with Kids sports and activities that is the only down fall as well as Tue nights :( so unfortunately I will have to give this one a miss as much as i would love to be there I owe the 2 nights to my babies as promised xx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back