Brag thread! Fishing/hunting/herping etc

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I WIN
MISSY.jpg

I'll probably get in trouble for this. haha

You certainly do win you lucky bastard

Yes Jannico wins hands down but for the rest of us mere mortals.....................here are a few pics of my hard life living on Cape York

91cm Headland Barra
NickBarra1000x750.jpg

Average Threadfin
Threadie2.jpg

Good Boar
NickBoar.jpg

Tusky little boar
WeipaSeptember2010004.jpg

Me with a Nannygai
NickLMN.jpg

Me with a 9.5 kilo Fingermark
NIckFingermark.jpg

Holly with a nice Red Emperor
HollyRedEmperor.jpg

Boat
0011.jpg

Garmin astro 220 / DC 30.

Absolutely brilliant piece of gear, no hunting dog should leave the ute without them.

Garmin astro 220 / DC 30.

Absolutely brilliant piece of gear, no hunting dog should leave the ute without them.

I just ordered one over the net after losing my dog on Sat arvo. Worst hour of my life waiting for him to turn up again. He's not a hunter but chases pigs, buffalo and anything else he can see or hear running through the bush which we get alot of around here. What kind of dog is that?

Unknown mixed breed found abandoned as a pup at the Hopevale aboriginal community north west of Cooktown. He is a mates dog and finds / bails over 400 pigs a year. We caught 35 pigs in 6 hours hunting with him and another hard bailer. An absolute freak of a dog however he is getting old now. He is still an asset in training pups.

I would guess that he has kelpie, pitty and stag in him from the rest of the murray dogs there.

I will put some pics up of my dogs soon, Juno = Dane x Mastiff bitch and Lily G.S.P x Bull Arab bitch.

It sure sucks loosing your dogs mate, but your very lucky to get him back.

I will put some pics up of my dogs soon, Juno = Dane x Mastiff bitch and Lily G.S.P x Bull Arab bitch.

:eek: someone bread George St Peire with a Bull Arab? :O lol jk

great pics guys my biggest achivement is holding a 6ft murry darling for the first time while being scared ****less of snakes lol now i own 3 soon to be 4 xD

Some locals asked me to come out and shoot some buffalo they saw on Sunday. Didn't find any buff but still managed to get 12 geese, 3 wallabies and 5 pigs. The first mob of pigs we came across ran through a small clearing about 50m in front of me and i didn't manage to put a single one down, very confident that i hit 3 out of the 4 i shot at though. We went after them because we were looking for food to take back to town but couldn't find any.

Came across a loan boar a bit later, i put a good stalk on and dropped him. No hooks but would be pretty close to my biggest boar yet, apparently the boars don't taste real good so we left him. Later on we found a mob of about 30 on the floodplain just having a good time in the mud. I dropped 2 smaller pigs from about 90-100m, then the morons turned and came running toward me and i dropped one more big sow. Unbeknownst to me, the fella who took me out to this spot, Martin, had camped up with my shot gun and he managed to drop another small sow with bird shot lol!

Finally we met up with the rest of Martin's family where we had a big feed of roast pork and magpie goose!

Photo104.jpg

Photo105.jpg

And the bird shot sow...
Photo106.jpg

Nice pics in this thread, some of the pigs and some of the fish are fantastic

Wow I've gotta visit up north, SE QLD is great if you wanna chase bimbo's or asians, neither really appeal to me at the moment.........well maybe the bimbos.

if I end up visiting my cousin in Dysart I'll have some pics to post :)

though she uses the dogs and tips the pigs and hogties them for the box.

Also, wish I'd taken some pics of my biggest burnouts back in the day, I could've posted them up here :lol:

Came across a loan boar a bit later, i put a good stalk on and dropped him. No hooks but would be pretty close to my biggest boar yet, apparently the boars don't taste real good so we left him. Later on we found a mob of about 30 on the floodplain just having a good time in the mud. I dropped 2 smaller pigs from about 90-100m, then the morons turned and came running toward me and i dropped one more big sow. Unbeknownst to me, the fella who took me out to this spot, Martin, had camped up with my shot gun and he managed to drop another small sow with bird shot lol!

Taste of the boars is a matter of opinion. The Germans target the boars in particular as they love the taste.

A bit of a skinny barracuda that I speared while doing a coastal run, got him just under the eye then finished him off on the top of the head with another speargun. The biggest ive speared when i had a camera but second biggest

solid boar my mate and i got while in the cape

Attachments

• P1150035.JPG
    P1150035.JPG
    154.9 KB · Views: 72
  • DSC02215.jpg
    DSC02215.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 80
Taste of the boars is a matter of opinion. The Germans target the boars in particular as they love the taste.

I think it's also the ammount of fat in the sows, the countrymen LOOOOVE the really fat ones. Most of the boars are relatively lean.

299650_230724293642728_100001154779537_565526_956070737_n.jpg

Python I transferred from someone's house to a local bush land... nothing special but was a pain in the assth as he kept getting himself in the gutter.
Weighed 7.5k

299650_230724300309394_100001154779537_565527_325253456_n.jpg

75381_10150095266594740_579859739_7332683_7398893_n.jpg

Results from my first Karate Comp last November Ahuh ohh yeah

156058_10150097700569740_579859739_7365190_1239606_n.jpg

^^On the website!

Some locals asked me to come out and shoot some buffalo they saw on Sunday. Didn't find any buff but still managed to get 12 geese, 3 wallabies and 5 pigs. The first mob of pigs we came across ran through a small clearing about 50m in front of me and i didn't manage to put a single one down, very confident that i hit 3 out of the 4 i shot at though. We went after them because we were looking for food to take back to town but couldn't find any.

Finally we met up with the rest of Martin's family where we had a big feed of roast pork and magpie goose!

Photo104.jpg

Photo105.jpg

And the bird shot sow...
Photo106.jpg

Keep up the good work Gordo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back