Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL! :evil:
Cats along with their malignant narcissistic owners that have ZERO respect for native animals. :x Especially you with the holiday homes in the country. i.e south coast for one example
Cats= Dim Sim with legs! nuff said! :D

how bout cats with responsible owners who keep them inside?

haha!
u've got me thinkin now. i tend to b an animal lover but for me it depends on the context.
i dnt like spiders but i dnt worry about them unless they come into my room. as soon as they cross the door into my room i have to move them coz i dont like the fact that they disappear when you look away then you cant find them. or the creepy feeling when you walk through thier web.

i love cats but i dont like irresponsible cat owners and feral cats are a big no.

small dogs can be sweet when properly trained but if they are treated like a baby rather than a dog, that is when you get problems. i worked at a vet and we had to muzzle more of the small dogs than the big dogs for simple procudures like nail trimming cause they get all anxious when they are not with thier owner and they bite in fear.

i figure each animal is just doing what its doing to live and get by and most of the times the problems are due to people misunderstanding them

Ticks, Mosquitoes, Sandflies and any other bloodsucking insect( I know ticks are not technically insects) are the most despicable *******s in the entire animal kingdom.. As for people saying cat...gtfo..You may not like cats( I don't particularly like them) but to put them above ticks and mosquitoes....gtfo

As for the Cats are the "most useless good for nothing animal" comment...well they wouldn't be such amazing predators if they were so "good for nothing"...Ticks on the other hand are just worthless pieces of ****

Mosquitoes are horrendous aswell.

Lol way to bring up a long dead thread :)

I'm don't dislike any animals really, other then humans.

I'll be sure to post it here if I stumble across one I dislike

Lol way to bring up a long dead thread :)

I'm don't dislike any animals really, other then humans.

I'll be sure to post it here if I stumble across one I dislike

I found 2 ticks on me today so I just had to vent my frustration for such a worthless animal existing!!!

Come on you know you hate ticks and mosquitoes

Last edited:
Now I'm hoping to God I don't come down with that bullseye rash...Other wise its off to the hospital for me...

Luckily I think they were 2 dog ticks which don't usually carry disease in America...Its the satanic Deer ticks that are the bad ones for disease...and I know the 2 that I found on me weren't deer ticks.

I found 2 ticks on me today so I just had to vent my frustration for such a worthless animal existing!!!

Funnily enough growing up in the bush and running through the paddocks every day just makes me shrug every time I get one, a few years back we did a field trip for uni out to Lake Broadwater Conservation park just past Dalby, the ticks were nuts, I pulled 34 off my body one night before bed :lol: real big fellas too.

Mosquitoes seem to love everyone else other then me, I guess my blood isn't good enough for them *sniff*

Come to think of it I dislike ferals and introduced animals, the ecological implications of some species outside their native ranges is devastating to say the least, therefore I like being part of the solution ;)

I've only ever had one tick but I was carrying on like a little girl! YUCK!

I hate invertebrates. Well, except for the delicious ones, the ones with a carapace.

Pelicans.... Bloody feral vicious birds

Lol I've had my run in with the 'CWS Free flight bird show' Pelican, running with a fish with him hot on your heels enticing him off stage and back to his enclosure was great fun though I was quick enough not to get nipped :lol:

Funnily enough growing up in the bush and running through the paddocks every day just makes me shrug every time I get one, a few years back we did a field trip for uni out to Lake Broadwater Conservation park just past Dalby, the ticks were nuts, I pulled 34 off my body one night before bed :lol: real big fellas too.

Mosquitoes seem to love everyone else other then me, I guess my blood isn't good enough for them *sniff*

Come to think of it I dislike ferals and introduced animals, the ecological implications of some species outside their native ranges is devastating to say the least, therefore I like being part of the solution ;)

It's not finding the ticks that is the problem( through they are disgusting as hell and scary to look at) its the "Oh **** I hope I'm not infected with some crap" that is scary as hell...

I'm not familiar with australian ticks....Do they spread alot of diseases and is it common to get a tick borne illness from a bite?

In America it depends where you live...In the extreme south and west ticks are very common but only a very small percentage of them are infected with a disease.... so their just disgusting but not a threat really...

In the northeast its scary and I read somewhere that in Connecticut...55 percent of deer ticks that were tested were infected with the lyme bacteria :( Very scary stuff and I now that I live in the northeast I don't hike much at all..

I hate mosquitoes with a passion aswell

I've only ever had one tick but I was carrying on like a little girl! YUCK!

I hate invertebrates. Well, except for the delicious ones, the ones with a carapace.

Yeah I was bugging out....Luckily I found them only( I think) a few hours after I likely picked them up( I think I know where I got them) and it usually takes at least 24 hours of tick attachment to pass along any disease....and they were dog ticks...If they were deer ticks I would be pretty damn nervous right now lol

Last edited:
SPIDERS!!!! they freak me out something bad , While in new zealand i was bitten by an australian white tailed spider ( caught the bugger on me doing the act) got a massive nasty infection from it and was put on oral,topical and iv antibiotics ..since then i have hated spiders with a passion even huntsmen ( screamed like i was being killed when i felt something on my foot and looked down and there was a huge a huntmen)...mozzies and sandflies annoy me.Cane toads ( come on i knw you gotta kiss a few toads to find your prince...or is that frogs? but who would want to kiss a cane toad!)Tics scare me and my other irrational fear is head lice lol

SPIDERS!!!! they freak me out something bad , While in new zealand i was bitten by an australian white tailed spider ( caught the bugger on me doing the act) got a massive nasty infection from it and was put on oral,topical and iv antibiotics ..since then i have hated spiders with a passion even huntsmen ( screamed like i was being killed when i felt something on my foot and looked down and there was a huge a huntmen)...mozzies and sandflies annoy me.Cane toads ( come on i knw you gotta kiss a few toads to find your prince...or is that frogs? but who would want to kiss a cane toad!)Tics scare me and my other irrational fear is head lice lol

I'm not familiar with australian ticks....Do they spread alot of diseases and is it common to get a tick borne illness from a bite?

In all honesty I'm not sure about the infection rate of ticks in Australia, I do know however that the longer you have shellbacks, or paralysis ticks on you the worse the effects, I remember my grandad was once admitted to hospital from a paralysis tick bite, he'd had it on him for about 3 days, nausea, dizziness, fever possibly even muscle spasms and other symptoms were the result, but he made a full recovery a day or two later.

As for Spiders :D
you'd hate my job, big huntsmans..........among other things, under tree bark, in the bushes just about everywhere you can think of, I've had them run up and over my face on two occasions, had them on the roof of my car on others, my girlfriends arachniphobic and she hates the stories I have from work :lol:

Lol I've had my run in with the 'CWS Free flight bird show' Pelican, running with a fish with him hot on your heels enticing him off stage and back to his enclosure was great fun though I was quick enough not to get nipped :lol:

I was chased by one when I was about 14. For no damn reason!
When I was about 8 I got pecked in the beans by a goose too.
Safe to say large aquatic birds make the cut on my dislike list

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back