help with Lighting and heat bulb sizes for a bigger tank

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

leonardtb

Not so new Member
Reaction score
I have a eastern water dragon and am thinking ahead and building a bigger tank for later on and was just wondering if there is a specific ratio or guide to what size heat bulb and the amount of lighting i would need. the new tank is a cupboard conversion that is about 1000mm x 900mm x 600mm these are just guesstimates sizes but i will post the exact dimensions asap.

Any help would be great.

If anyone has any pictures of how they have there water dragon tank set up i would be greatfull.

The tank is an old chipboard with veneer cabinet. I was going to use either plexi or float glass for the front and have it sort of like yours.

I will post some pics tomorrow.

And any suggestions would be great.

I am gonna spend quite a bit of time on the cage so it will look good in the end. As i am in no rush to get it finished quick.

forgot to mention the whole cabinet is in perfect condition with no damage.

i have a 1200x1200x550 enclosure, made from waterproofed mdf. using a 150watt ozblack ceramic and it gets very toasty in there. holds low 30's at the hot end very easily, i could drop back to 100watt and still do the job. thermostat controlled obviously

oh and for lighting i have 18inch batton fluro. if you cant get one that size, i'd go for 2 of the compact screw ins spaced apart so they get good coverage. i only evr used uvb5's for ewd's but some people use a combo of uvb5 and uvb10

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back