Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My intergrades are stirring and my beautiful big boy is restless so let him in with my female. I know its a bit early yet but he was sending morse codes on his glass doors which are loose in the tracks. Have to get some new pics but here is my boy, Abony
P1050716.jpg

Girl, Opals
041-4.jpg

And their 20 mth old baby, Basil
118.jpg

I do have another female that I may attempt to breed with this year but I can't find a nice photo of her. Must be time for a new photoshoot.

Lets see some more intergrades! I`ve posted these before on a different thread but thought I`d show them here to get this one going again.

Attachments

• RIMG0205.jpg
    RIMG0205.jpg
    150.4 KB · Views: 99
  • RIMG0207.jpg
    RIMG0207.jpg
    248.9 KB · Views: 76
  • RIMG0209.jpg
    RIMG0209.jpg
    144.7 KB · Views: 88
this is the intergrade i got off 'pigfeet' who got it off jamie, sold to me as male, turns out it a female, she is currently gravid...

Attachments

• 13062011579.jpg
    13062011579.jpg
    149 KB · Views: 168
looking good tony, female ay, if i new that i wouldnt have sold her.she was probed when young as a male but obviously not properly. what did you put over her her?

heres a couple im hoping to breed next year. The striped male came from greg hollis and the female i got from rodney off this site but she still hasnt shed yet.SANY0019.JPGSANY0022.JPGSANY0023.JPG

This is a new fella I just acquired from Pythoninfinite. To many, he's nothing special, but I liked his darkness and pattern, and quiet temperament. I called him Jimmy.
015-3.jpg

159-1.jpg

I just picked up a young one thats got a similar look pattern wise to Jimmy. A lot of contrast also between the dark and light. No pics yet but I`ll get some once she settles in a bit more. I like Jimmy, a bit different.

That's right spyder. They have become a sub-species that have adapted to living between the borders of two species where those species may struggle or not be found. Many ppl use the term intergrade to describe the coastal and diamond cross breeding, which seem to be the most common about, but any species can intergrade - murray darlings would meet the coastals or even diamonds, somewhere, and surely there are intergrades of those around, just nobody has researched them to know where they are, or just haven't spoken about them.

But for you to cross a diamond and coastal doesn't make the offspring intergrades. Those babies may not survive in the wild whereas their wild cousins will be more adapted because that is where they have evolved.

These pics are a few months old now but heres one I got last year. Roughly 12 months old in the pic.
Photo0126.jpgPhoto0124.jpgPhoto0125.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
My two, male a bit over 2 and a little female bit over 1. Shes the same one in the post of mine above.
RIMG0411.jpgRIMG0407.jpg

Thought I`d give this thread a kick along with a couple of pics of a pair I picked up a while ago.
2012-06-29 16.57.33.jpg2012-08-14 11.54.33.jpg2012-10-17 11.59.54.jpg2012-10-17 12.00.03.jpg2012-09-01 14.41.03.jpg
First two male, next two female and then both of them having a rest after making happy time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back