Brag thread! Fishing/hunting/herping etc

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My first deer just on sunset about 6 months back, only a little doe but its what I was after. Filled the freezer with meat. Not the best pic but it'll do

Last edited:
I've caught so many monster jewfish and monster snapper that I no longer bother taking photos of them.
I just bring them home, show my wife (and kid when he was living us), show the neighbours, and get to work cleaning, filleting and staking them up, mostly to go into freezer bags in meal sized portions for deep freezing.

Another 4 to 6 weeks and I'll be back into the SERIOUS fishing.... yay !!!

Prawns and squiddies should be showing up in a couple of weeks too (next dark).... time to start squidding to catch jewfish lollies (school jew absolutely love a whole fresh or fresh frozen and only just thawed squid (tube about 8" long)), if liviebait are hard to come by, or it's quicky fishing trip (on the spur of the moment) it's always handy to a few dozen fresh frozen whole squid in individual freezer bags handy - I'll grab 6 -8 of them toss them in little esky with a few blue freezer blocks and only thaw out 2 squid at a time (too risky using 2 set rods if you are using dead baits - too easy for a a freespooled alvey to overrun and create a massive tangle on and arourd the reel if the fish slows , stops or changes direction and you are not being vigilant or are busy with a second rod - seen rods and reels dragged off the rocks into the water to disappear for ever on more than one occasion - fortunately not my gear :) )..
I'm partial to deep fried crumbed squid rings and lemon pepper squid too.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back