bearded dragon question?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dosngo

Not so new Member
Reaction score
what do you do if ya looking at buying a dragon of someone and they have it registered on their books as a central when you can see it is a eastern ?

do i put it as a central as they have it or do i put it on my book as a eastern as that is what it is ??

put it as an eastern! IMO if someone has a beardie under a different species then what is actually is then it's your duty to register it under the correct species name.

You put it down as they have it on their books, just note beside it on the same line in the book that you suspect it is a Barbata variety.

If you just choose to alter it on your book then technically you are comitting an offence under your licensing conditions....... technically...

If DSE ever come to look they won't be able to identify it for you anyway.

Cheers,
John

Last edited:
Why not give DSE a call tomorrow - and let us all know the correct answer ;)

And the answer is....?

Last edited:
make a note in my book that it is a eastern then when i do my return next year lodge it as a eastern and that is from DSE :)

i had a similar problem. I bought thru a petstore so yes it's my own fault but anyway we all live and learn.
I bought a "baby??" the enclosure said that they were eastern bearded dragon. When we were doing the paperwork, the woman told me to write central, as that's what she was told they ALL get listed under in the books....
This petstore and had protest.. and a really bad wrap AFTER i bought my beardie and is coping fines on a monthly basis from DSE from mis labeling.. mis selling animals. Protest (so i've just found out) as apparently due to the *questionable* places they are getting their puppies from... ANyway..
i contacted DSE to find out if my book doesn't match their book, will l get into trouble and l was basically told yes. I only had yoda a few days and he is the only beardie i have owned. I took it at face value that he was an eastern because that's what their paperwork said. DSE came to my home, checked out my beardie and amended my book with notations about what happened. He is now written up as an eastern but EVERYONE that has seen him says he's central.. DSE has told me to leave him as eastern in my book... i really don't think they know what they are doing half the time..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back