australian herpetological symposium

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish I could go to the symposium and meet some world renowned herpers! Hopefully I can go to the next one, once I've graduated. I can perhaps use it as my 'further learning' as a new graduate vet :)

Kitah, what are parents for? Ask mom and dad to sponsor your "further learning" trip this year. (or charged it on HECS) lol

Unfortunately I can't for a few reasons. Money is just one of them! (and my parents can't help) I'm also on various rotations in FNQ during the symposium, and I don't have easy access to a teleporter :) Fingers crossed for next year, though!

I cant make the whole weekend because of work, but i can make the dinner.How can i pay for the dinner tickets?And what are all the details,in regards to where and time off the dinner?Thanks

Looks fantastic guys can't wait..(I'll be the one wearing the bells)
Just a suggestion, you should repost some of these announcements in new threads. You have some big news in the last few posts and I'd hate to see people miss them

Out of curiosity, was the symposium photo comp cancelled? I was looking forward to seeing all the fantastic shortlisted photos again this year, but the competition section on the website has gone!

Out of curiosity, was the symposium photo comp cancelled? I was looking forward to seeing all the fantastic shortlisted photos again this year, but the competition section on the website has gone!

I was wondering the same thing.....

Looking at the Herpetological symposium web site, there was never any photo-competition announce for this year, how can something that doesn't exist be cancelled? :shock:

I was wondering the same thing.....

ditto

Looking at the Herpetological symposium web site, there was never any photo-competition announce for this year, how can something that doesn't exist be cancelled? :shock:

ditto

There was, actually. As I said, not long after the submission date passed that section of the website was deleted. I had the page bookmarked, and since its been deleted the page just comes up with a blank AHS page. From what the competition page did say when it was up, was that they were planning on displaying the shortlisted photos for ~1month prior to the symposium event itself.

I'm not trying to start any arguments or anything, and I hope you don't think I am, but I know it was on the symposium website, and I was merely curious as to why it is gone- whether there wasn't enough support or something?

Edit: I've now been PM'd and had it explained. Thanks :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back