bluetonguelizard.com.au - some of this years pairings.........

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Joe you know me I dont wont the credit just like people having the chance to have something so nice.

Nice pairings Joe! Best of luck with them :)
Your website looks great as well!!

LUV LUV the site Jinjee it looks bAnGiN!!! The black bluey on black background an his blue tongue out is sooo effective!! I bloody loov et!!

Don't forget to add that other pairing next season K.. I'm hangin to see what it produces haha ;)

Interesting pairing the albino with the hyper mate.... got any speculations on how the genetics will work with that or is it a totall experiment?

Could pop out a solid yellow or pink bluie down the track ;).

thanks all for the kind words......

here are some graphic White Northern Bluey snaps !!!!

(John Robert Coward lineage) enjoy.......

I love those things... (and they seem to love each other there too lol)
They look so much better up close

Wow. Even without thinking about the possible offspring it's still hard to pick a favourite!

Just love the colouring on the westerns but very intrigued to see how the albino x melanistic turns out. Best of luck!

So what do you expect to get with the pairing of the Malanistic to the Albino?

nice Joe, thats some awesome projects. cant wait to see what you produce. Have you wersterns shown anythign yet. Mine just started mating with these hot days.

Can see sperm plugs in the enclosure but havn't seen anything yet !!!!!!!

So what do you expect to get with the pairing of the Malanistic to the Albino?

& to the others asking this question..... I reckon that the babies will look like Hyper hets (ie visual hets for black) & they will also be het for albino..... then when bred back to eachother a 'Hyper Albino' will be IMO Orange as the hypers are hyper every colour & when the black is removed thru albinism an orange Bluey will be the result...... but by no means am I certain.

Frustratingly though I have not seen them mating as yet..... so who knows..... but somebody I am certain will crack this combo this year.....

Last edited:
Another possibility is that the hets will take on a normal appearance. A very interesting experiment!

at 7:30 am this morning these ladies were out capturing the bask a lot earlier than usual.... showing strong early signs that they are gravid !!!!!!!

Attachments

• AlbinoBask.jpg
    AlbinoBask.jpg
    164.5 KB · Views: 37
  • WesternFem.jpg
    WesternFem.jpg
    203.2 KB · Views: 36
Awesome stuff Joe. I don't know how you find the time.

Glad to see on your website that your Darkwins produced 22 eggs this year. I'm still waiting for mine to drop.

Good luck with everything mate I'm sure all your hard work...and money will pay off for you. This hobby needs more people like you. Not only are you good to deal with, but your also a front runner of the new and exciting projects in the hobby.

Best of luck.

Corey.

Thanks Corey..... I'll compare notes with you on the Darkwins... & throw you some if you think there is anything to work with.....

Thanks mate. Maybe we can do some swaps:D I have held back the whole clutch from my female Darkwin from last season. They were bred to a black and white male Darwin. They are starting to colour up to their adult colours. Some mixed results. I'm going to pick a few to keep. If your interested I can send some pics of the rest and you can have your pick if anything interests you before I release the rest.

Anyway enough of derailing your thread. Perhaps we'll have to start a Darkwin thread:p

Back to the blue tounges. I can't wait to see the results of your pairings. Just a question on your pairings. Have they all bred before for you? The reason I ask is you seem confident that they're male/female pairs. Or do you know the covetted way to tell their sex?

I can tell when they are a year old..... so I know they are all pairs..... the males drop sperm plugs at breeding time combined with a few visual pointers & watching them over time & constant checking you figure it out. But to sex a random bunch accurately is virtually impossible.

Yeah I'll get in touch with you when the Darkwins hatch !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back