My Coastal is a wimp

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Snakewoman

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
I thought I'd post a video of my coastal that I took the other week. He's never refused a feed, but he's very relaxed about feeding. How many other snakes behave this way when being offered food?

Giving Samson dinner - YouTube

Does anyone else on here have sooky snakes?

Getting pushed around by your food?!?!?! Samson!!! shame on you!! lol

Yeah sometimes my coastal Sprinkles does the same. If I feed her to soon after her last feed she just has no strike at all! Its like I just place the rat in her mouth and she takes it gently like a croc mum picking up her babies! Very cute :D

What a sweety! My bredli is exactly the same! She hasnt missed a feed either, except when i skip her while she sheds, but she is so gentle, she spends 5-10mins having a 'sniff' & then just slowly opens & closes her mouth over the head. She doesnt strike, & very rarely constricts, its so cute to watch!

I'm glad it's not just mine then. I wish I'd got a video of when I fed my jungle on Sunday, I put the rat against his nose and he didn't do anything so I did it again and he opened his mouth and waited for me to put the rat in there for him. :rolleyes::lol: Next time I feed him I'll take a video and see if he does it again.

I'm glad it's not just mine then. I wish I'd got a video of when I fed my jungle on Sunday, I put the rat against his nose and he didn't do anything so I did it again and he opened his mouth and waited for me to put the rat in there for him. :rolleyes::lol: Next time I feed him I'll take a video and see if he does it again.

LOL
would love to see this

Sometimes our biggest snake, Georgie, strikes. Other times he will slowly open his mouth and put his jaws carefully over the rats head.

My snakes won't eat unless they get it on the head perfectly, so I have to spend a lot of time with each of them, because usually they get the top of the head and let go -.-

Ha ha that's funny. Like trying to feed my nephew hid greens. Nice looking coastal. My spotted , Cedric. Always strikes when I feed him. I give his rat a bit of a shake and make him stalk it. I love watching him strike at his food. So fast.

I dont know what I would do if my 3 done that, they know when food is around, I think I would panick if my next one was a placid feeder. Though 2 of my snakes are the most gentlest things Ive met they even let u pat them on the head... unless your a mouse...

My Jungle lets me pat him on the head, and so does my Murray Darling. My Murray is very placid unless there's food, but last time I fed him he took the food down to the floor, and I picked him up and put him back in his tank. After that he continued eating as if nothing happened. I took a video of that:

Prince feeding part 1 - YouTube

A minute into the video is when it happens.

My Jungle lets me pat him on the head, and so does my Murray Darling.

Yeh my jungles let me scratch them under the head and touch there noses etc... Except for the other night when I went to do it and pick them up to weight then I forgot I had just handled a Rat for the baby snakes... umm so yeah when i put my hand on his nose he thinks it's food, not just me to pick him up so yeh my hand became a biting toy...

I forgot I had just handled a Rat for the baby snakes... umm so yeah when i put my hand on his nose he thinks it's food, not just me to pick him up so yeh my hand became a biting toy...

We have a yearling jungle that bites no matter what. I still have numerous marks on my hand/wrist/arm from a friends hatchling jungle that bit me about 10 times.

There's a good chance it will bluey, young snakes are usually more snappy but if yours is good now it's a good sign :)

Lol my blackheaded python does the same sort of thing but she runs away from the rat then when she thinks im not watching she quickly eats it but if i move she spits it out and goes crazy again lol.

Last edited:
I had giggle when watching Feeding Prince Part1 about 2mins in when he starts to eat again after bieng placed back in his enclosure.

I had giggle when watching Feeding Prince Part1 about 2mins in when he starts to eat again after bieng placed back in his enclosure.

He's funny like that, He grabs the food with force when I offer it to him, but after that he doesn't really care. I laughed to myself when watching the video too, how many snakes can you pick up and move while they're feeding and they keep swallowing like nothing happened? Lol.

How's this for a placid food eating response .My Coastal .Almost got my daughter who was videoing him .Poofy the Coastal Carpet - YouTube

I love that video :)

I love coastals but most of them have a poor feeding respones Samson is not unique

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back