Spring Equinox is here !!!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

solar 17

For those unsure today is as close as it gets to the "Spring Equinox". This is as close as it gets to where {this time of the year} night equals day with sunrise and sunset both at {close to} 5.50 am and 5.50 pm.
The days will now get longer until the 22 nd. of December which is Australia's longest day of the year {our Summer Solstice} during this period the Earth will rotate approx. 11.5 degrees and a total of 23 degrees in one year giving us our seasons and long days in Summer and short days in Winter.
l am sure there was someone out there that needed to know this trivia.LOL
..........solar 17 (Baden)

Thanks Baden. I needed to know but forgot to check exactly when it occurred (I knew it was around this time though). By the way, did you get my PM?

While the solstice & equinox etc is interesting, I'm more interested in daylight savings.
Bring on Oct 2!

I HATE DAYLIGHT SAVINGS!

We go into Daylight Savings this weekend (so when watching RWC ake sure you check the time).

I lose an hours sleep :(

I hate losing an hours sleep...

But I do love the 9:30pm sunsets by mid summer!

I HATE DAYLIGHT SAVINGS!

We go into Daylight Savings this weekend (so when watching RWC ake sure you check the time).

I lose an hours sleep :(

I hate losing an hours sleep...

But I do love the 9:30pm sunsets by mid summer
!

Daylight savings is stupid! How are you meant to get kids to sleep when the sun is still up? And then out of bed while the moon is still out?!?

Daylight savings is stupid! How are you meant to get kids to sleep when the sun is still up? And then out of bed while the moon is still out?!?

Mate, I can't even get the kids to sleep by 9:30 and the sun has long set by then!

But the balmy nights don't make it any easier - not at all!

Don't know the first thing about equinoxes...or whatever...and as far as daylight saving is concerned....we don't have it anymore here in WA.....anyway, don't the curtains fade more quickly and the cows get upset by they different milking times...LOL !!! Daylight saving never made the slightest difference to me anyway, I'm a lazy bugger and being retired get up and go to bed when I feel like it, I don't rely on clocks. I live in an area where shops are open for long house every day of the week, so I don't have to count on 9 - 5 opening times....and besides that....I hate summer anyway, too bloody hot.

Happy Ostara and Blessed be - tho the pagans out there will tell you it isn't til the 23rd this year :)

I HATE DAYLIGHT SAVINGS!
I was wondering when this rant would start ;)

All other animals adjust their time frames according to sun up and set, why shouldn't humans.

I was wondering when this rant would start ;)

All other animals adjust their time frames according to sun up and set, why shouldn't humans.

I adjust my time frames according to sun up and sun down - it now means if I am partying till the sun comes up I am doing it for at least a fair whack more during summer than in winter...

I have a feeling the knowledge that the 22nd of December is the longest day is going to drive me mad, since my birthday is on the 23rd :lol:

Anyone else noticed that we've been having some particuarly beautiful sunsets lately?

Bring it on I say! (regardless it still will occur)
I am happy to shed these winter blues.
Looking forward to hooking into my garden.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back