show us your lacey aviaries

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lacerevelation

Not so new Member
Reaction score
im about to bulid my lacey a new aviary and was wanting to see other peoples set ups!

thanks

A few of mine. Still needs black paint to reduce glare.

Attachments

• 005 [1600x1200].jpg
    005 [1600x1200].jpg
    196.6 KB · Views: 344
  • 012 [1600x1200].jpg
    012 [1600x1200].jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 295
  • 014 [1600x1200].jpg
    014 [1600x1200].jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 323
  • 016 [1600x1200].jpg
    016 [1600x1200].jpg
    283.6 KB · Views: 314
  • 023 [1600x1200].jpg
    023 [1600x1200].jpg
    275.8 KB · Views: 290
scaled.php

great thread guys I've only just got a quote for one. Only issue I have is flooring. I don't want to throw a slab down so I'm after some alternative ideas. So post your pics and let us know what stopping them from digging out.
cheers

few of mine. Still needs black paint to reduce glare.​
paperclip.png
Attached Thumbnails
Hey mate, what are the dimensions on the aviary

Interesting idea IV, I didn't use the same expensive galv steel mesh for the floor as I did with the rest of the aviary. I just bought a roll of cage mesh from bunnings, was the quickest reliable way for me to go for floor coverage.

And you need to get onto painting that aviary, it makes the world of difference!

Thanks IV, my lacie currently lives inside,
but looking to put outdoor cage together,
Did you buy the panels pre made or had them made up?

And you need to get onto painting that aviary, it makes the world of difference!

At least then I'll be able to see in there without wearing sunnies:)! Like the termite mound idea also mate!

Recently, I've seen the conveyor belt idea used with larger, digging species to great effect (panoptes), where they would tare their claws on mesh. Mesh is good with Lacies, though.

Recently, I've been toying with the idea of open "pits" as part of the enclosure. Those glass panels from Bunnings look the go.

Thanks IV, my lacie currently lives inside,
but looking to put outdoor cage together,
Did you buy the panels pre made or had them made up?

These were pre made, but if you source and pre purchase the steel yourself, it's alot cheaper (or have a welding mate that owes you one:))!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back