100% het albino Olive Pair.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

coastalboy

Reaction score
Hey guys,

just seeing what the rate of throwing an albino is with a pair of 100% het albino olives? will they just be females? males? any help would be muchly appreicated.

cheers
nick.

thanks i was thinking of buying a pair but its a big gamble with getting albinos...... what age do they breed?

if you have no previous experience breeding snakes then trying to breed olives is not going to be a walk in the park , even the most experience snake breeders fail

if your wanting a ripper large snake though you can't go past olives

If I was shelling out for an expensive pair of snakes, I would learn at least the basics about the mode of inheritance of the trait that made them expensive :)

if you have no previous experience breeding snakes then trying to breed olives is not going to be a walk in the park , even the most experience snake breeders fail

I've never bred before and my olives bred this year when my darwins haven't bred for the past 2 yrs and their supposed to be easy to breed.. Jus depends i guess!

If I was shelling out for an expensive pair of snakes, I would learn at least the basics about the mode of inheritance of the trait that made them expensive :)

Isnt that what he is trying to do by creating this thread and asking questions?

Or do you mean he should go research some...

Buying this pair dosent come across as expensive to me as im a exotice and native parrot breeder and have spend thousands on birds............ NO i have not bred snakes before but i ahve mates and auntys that have and are willing to assist. I love olives and WILL be getting a pair but why not get het albinos?????? i dont see them being any differant to normals?

there not any different except they are more expensive and have the capabilities of throwing a white worm ,
all of the above is a good starting point but doesn't change that fact that seasoned snake breeders still struggle to get it right

Nobody is saying you can't...if that's what you want by all means get what you're going to be happy with, no point looking back and thinking 'damn, really should have got those hets' kupper was just saying that they aren't always the easiest to breed, but all snakes are different so give it a shot if thats what you really want :)

Isnt that what he is trying to do by creating this thread and asking questions?

Or do you mean he should go research some...

Well, more the latter. Albinism is the go-to recessive trait, it don't get more typical.

Coastalboy, if you are familiar with big dollar parrots, reptile 'hets' are parrot 'splits' :)

yes i understand that and im willing to gamble it. its like playing the stock exchange i guess.... maybe not as harsh but..... :S.

What age do they breed at?

also i have coastal carpet and bredli's noting big but coastal is about 5ft nerly 6....... becomeing very food orientated now so it teaching me skills in handling as olives can be very agressive and really food orientated to.

cheers.

Well, more the latter. Albinism is the go-to recessive trait, it don't get more typical.

Coastalboy, if you are familiar with big dollar parrots, reptile 'hets' are parrot 'splits' :)

Yes i knew that :) and i love my bird breeding and want to adventure into snakes to. ONLY snakes but. XD

I found that olives are no worse than any food orientated snake so don't be too worried about that

my male has just hit 3 years old and this years season was the first he seemed interested , female is about 4 year old

I found that olives are no worse than any food orientated snake so don't be too worried about that

my male has just hit 3 years old and this years season was the first he seemed interested , female is about 4 year old

Thanks, I will be buying hatchlings so it will be a few years before breeding starts. :D, But im willing to wait. :D

I jsut cant beleive that two 100% het albinos is only 25%...........in birds its more like 50%. for two splits.

:D yes i wont be getting untill next year about feburary but putting a deposit down :) i cant wait either. also probally get a pair of albino darwin carpets :D but not 100% on them yet. :D

cheers guys for the hints, tricks, tips

Thanks, I will be buying hatchlings so it will be a few years before breeding starts. :D, But im willing to wait. :D

I jsut cant beleive that two 100% het albinos is only 25%...........in birds its more like 50%. for two splits.

That's 25% chance for each offspring being albino, if you have anything like a normal sized clutch you are just about guaranteed to get at least one alb.

Ok, you were just checking then ;)

Good luck with the snakes! I'd love to see pics of your olives when you get them, they're a beautiful snake :)

100% agreed. i have a friend with 2 that are well over 10ft and eat full rabbits or 16 rats each!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..... i just love the look and the plain colour not a fan on the head shape but ill get use to it :p

Hey guys,

just seeing what the rate of throwing an albino is with a pair of 100% het albino olives? will they just be females? males? any help would be muchly appreicated.

cheers
nick.

erm. you should get 1/4 like stated , they are a right pain to breed. alot of people have adult prs of albino olives that just wont breed , they mate etc.... but no eggs... olives are one of a few ozzy pythons that i have still to breed , but good luck if you get a pr.... 3 - 4 years seems to be the age they will most likely lay.

erm. you should get 1/4 like stated , they are a right pain to breed. alot of people have adult prs of albino olives that just wont breed , they mate etc.... but no eggs... olives are one of a few ozzy pythons that i have still to breed , but good luck if you get a pr.... 3 - 4 years seems to be the age they will most likely lay.

Thanks and yes I will try and breed them but if they dont produce then must try they next year. :) i know its a big gamble but its one im willing to take :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back