help needed in cairns

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

brandan1985

Reaction score
hey everyone i have just moved to cairns and realised that the pet shops here are nothing like the ones in brisbane.
I guess what im getting at is is there a far north qld forum for reptiles as the shops dont carry much and im looking at getting some more snakes. any help would be appreciated thanks

hey everyone i have just moved to cairns and realised that the pet shops here are nothing like the ones in brisbane.
I guess what im getting at is is there a far north qld forum for reptiles as the shops dont carry much and im looking at getting some more snakes. any help would be appreciated thanks

Theres alot of breeders in FNQ, I'd suggest to put a request in the "wanted" section & just specify that you would prefer a cairns breeder - Aussie Pythons & Snakes

Either that or move to darwin & harass stevenNT for some freebies.

There's a FNQ Herp society. I'm sure that if you become a member there, you'll get all the help that you need.

I think "waterrat" has stated that the "http://capeyorkherps.org/" is more of a field herp club & not a great deal of people keep them. (Sorry if the site breaches the rules)

Hi Brandan,
Welcome to Cairns. The Saturday paper almost always has snakes for sale. I can't help you with snakes I'm mainly into geckos. The Cape York Herp Society has a mix of field herpers/naturalists and keepers. I know we are trying to attract more keepers. The next meeting will be on the 30th of this month. Details on the website.

I got my first coastal from cairns while I was living there, what are you looking for in particular? She was our first python and the lady we purchased her from was passed on to me by a guy that was only breeding elapids at the time but possibly may know someone who could help you out. Or a suggested contact waterrat on here, he has incredibly beautiful GTPs and I imagine knows who would have snakes available up that way. Peter Krauss is up north also and I assume would have some great animals.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

Edited the stupid spelling my phone came up with......

Hi Brandan,

There are a heap of breeders in Cairns, just a matter of looking hard enough.
Really depends on what you are after?
I always seem to be out of town when the meetings are on, but the group there are definately a passionate group with varied collections.
In regards to rodents, i have found it cheaper to use some of the advertisors on this site for bulk and cost.
If there is anyone in town, please just let me know

You could call Hartleys creek crock farm see wath they have for sale atm. They have had quite a lot for sale at times.
Myself and a few friends have brought a few snakes from there. And some staff breed diff things.

Hope that will help

Welcome to Cairns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back