Lost adult BHP PLEASE HELP

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thexbluexfairy

Not so new Member
Banned
Reaction score
I know there is lots of help for escaped hatches etc so please don't flame me.

I went away for a week, i just got home to find that my Adult BHP male is missing. His enclosure was outside.
I have searched for him to no avail. I have let my neighbours know also. I have no idea how to find him, I also am uncertain
of when he escaped.

Someone please help me.

Oh man Im sorry to here!
Have you re checked his enclosure in all the hides? Check all places it gets warm in ur garden/shed/under house etc (be careful tho just in case!) hes prob going to go 4 something/place warm when it gets colder at night so id start looking there. has he got a micro chip? could go to the vets and see if someone has turned one in?!?!

Good luck! Hope you find him!

Going along with what everyone else has suggested, what indications are there that it has escaped? Was the enclosure locked? How do you suspect it got out?

unfortunately aviaries arent fool proof, i didnt notice a hole in the mesh a while ago where it got hit/torn by the lawnmower and my oldest bredli was trying to get in the house when i got home 3.5 hours later,....sooooooo lucky, i would be devastated if i'd lost him.

good luck!!
check the mesh for holes and hope he hangs around,..if theres no holes im afraid id have to agree with those saying hes been pinched.

he must have been pushing against the back wall of the enclosure because i just found that it was lose. I have contacted all snake removers and let everyone know. I hope to find him. I am going to do a letter box drop and am searching.

Does anyone have any tips?

I live in Karana Downs Near Ipswich in QLD. If anyone hears of a BHP being found please contact me on

Will keep an eye out. There's another herper that lives near you on here, I'll get onto him and see if he's heard of anything.

and listen out for screams and confiscate all shovels within a 1km radius :lol:

hope it all ends up ok ;)

This may sound stupid at first read

Most fox terriers hate reptiles
If you know anyone with a foxie bring it round
If it is a typical foxie it will go straight on the trail
just keep it on a lead so it cannot attack when/if it finds it

my mate lost his adult carpet (indoors) it was missing for 2 1/2 months. he found it under the couch when he was cleaning (alive). i would say most probably somewhere dark and warm like all the other suggestions.

good luck mate

Hey, thats near my work, if anyone calls or brings one in ill let you know. It will hopefully still be in your yard somewhere, i would be checking around under anything that a snake could get under. Ill cross my fingers he hasnt gone to far as there is alot of snake haters around the karalee area. and black heads are one of the more sinister looking pythons.

he must have been pushing against the back wall of the enclosure because i just found that it was lose. I have contacted all snake removers and let everyone know. I hope to find him. I am going to do a letter box drop and am searching.

Does anyone have any tips?

I live in Karana Downs Near Ipswich in QLD. If anyone hears of a BHP being found please contact me on

Thanks guys, I am pretty sure i have created mass hysteria in the Karana Downs area :s My neighbours are terrified. but they are all to scared to go near it if they find it, they all have my number and bryan from snake removals.

Apparently all the dogs in the area have been going nuts at the fences today so heres hoping that my searching will pay off.

Check nearby creeks...in this hot dry weather he could be looking for a drink. Or a gf

if you dont breed rats, do you know of anyone who does?
a few live ones in a mesh cage in his open aviary might entice him back,....

if you dont breed rats, do you know of anyone who does?
a few live ones in a mesh cage in his open aviary might entice him back,....

not rats but chokes will that work?

Lost 6ft Black Headed Python in Karana Downs. Near ipswich QLD. If anyone hears of one being found or finds him please call me on 0434264906.

Does anyone have any infor on people who to contact?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back