Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The olive definitely has a ciggy burn on its head!

thats a cigarette burn if you ask me. I saw these photo's and said many an "F" word. I hope they are ok. No animal needs to be tortured. (Can you tell i'm angry!?)

Ohh yes update sorry im late :/ Well the vets not saying how he thinks the burns were caused but definetly not accidental he has said. The carpet will be washed twice a day every second say in betadine water and flamazine cream will be applied. As for the olive, her wound will just be treated with flamazine cream until the scab peels off then she will be checked if she has a bone infection on the head bone and if she does she will be put under anethsitcic and the infection will have to be scraped away. If that procedure has to be done then a few weeks after they will scan her brain to see if it has any damage :( Now for some good news :) The baby olive with the broken ribs ate 4 pinkie mice today! Huge improvement from last time- first time he had none then the second time he had 1. And the olive with the cigarette burn ate 3 weanling rats today :) Carpet still hasnt eaten but its expected he will recover but just have a huge scar on his stomach. I'll keep yous all updated with anymore news i find out :)

Seems like neglect to me.... If she has children or other small animals check to see if they are rocking back and forth in the corner of a room...That would be a good indicator.

looks like an open and shut case of animal abuse and downright torture (probably with lit cigarettes or something red hot) to me.

I'd be getting in touch with the RSPCA or the local police and ditching her as a friend.

I assume you are paying for the vet, so I guess you now own the snakes. I'd never let them go back to her.

I would post what I think of your friend but I don't want to be banned from here for saying it.

Last edited:
The baby olive with the broken ribs ate 4 pinkie mice today! Huge improvement from last time- first time he had none then the second time he had 1. And the olive with the cigarette burn ate 3 weanling rats today :) Carpet still hasnt eaten but its expected he will recover but just have a huge scar on his stomach. I'll keep yous all updated with anymore news i find out :)

Great to hear some better news. Yes, please do let us know how they go.

Just a question, is the 96 attached to your name your year of birth and if so does this mean you have been keeping snakes since you were 1 :shock:

Hey no its not my year of birth, just a number i put on the end on all my forum/ youtube names etc... And i've been keeping snakes since i was 11 :)

Last edited:
It is great to here that the snakes are having the best possible care and that recovery process is well under way, really sad to here what has happened though. I hope the person responible is able to get some help as well.

I am not sure you would want to be offering any large food items to that carpet for a long time. Stretching at the sites of those scabs could stress them to tear or bleed. In most circumstances I wouldn't be feeding them at all, but giving the neglect he's been subject to he probably needs to the nourishment to help him heal. So just keep it in mind, smaller prey that he can swallow and not stretch, and more of them would be far easier for him that large prey, until those scabs are totally gone and the skin is repaired.

I am not sure you would want to be offering any large food items to that carpet for a long time. Stretching at the sites of those scabs could stress them to tear or bleed. In most circumstances I wouldn't be feeding them at all, but giving the neglect he's been subject to he probably needs to the nourishment to help him heal. So just keep it in mind, smaller prey that he can swallow and not stretch, and more of them would be far easier for him that large prey, until those scabs are totally gone and the skin is repaired.

Yeah as far as i am aware he is only being fed fuzzie rats which is 2 sizes small for him. The olive with the broken ribs is in my care at the moment and i've been told to keep him on pinkie mice for between 4-6 months depending on how much he eats and how quickly he grows, just enough so it can move the ribs back into place to make it heal a bit better but not too big that it's bulging out of his guts. He is expected to make a full recovery but the kinks from the broken ribs will always be there. I'll post some more photos of their progress when my friend emails me the photos of the carpet and olive.

That is a sad sad day when the beautiful olive like that has to be euthanised poor guy

Last edited by a moderator:
Seems like neglect to me.... If she has children or other small animals check to see if they are rocking back and forth in the corner of a room...That would be a good indicator.

Animal cruelty is an indicator of cruelty to humans at a later stage. It has been shown time and again that people who abuse others or worse often have a childhood history of animal cruelty. If you think one of the snakes was stood on by a child who is to say the other injuries were not also done by one of the children ?????

We dont know who did this to the snakes.....if it was me I would be ringing up Child protection and speaking to them.

I know I might sound like I am sensationalising but even if the children were not the ones who did these cruel acts......if they witnessed them that is enough for me to say that these children are not in an appropriate environment.

Second if these injuries are accidental then the animals are being neglected...and so what about the children are they being neglected too ?

If Mum is a druggie then.......

If these children are in moral danger etc and there is an investigation....

Well Im just saying if it was me...id be making some phonecalls.......

Some people do not deserve to have children let alone the privelege of having animals
and if Mum's a druggie....well what more is there to say...

Sounds to me like your friends are scumbags and havent the slightest bit of respect for their pets health or well being for you to sell them these animals and regularly visit these people and see the state of these animals well you know the old saying fly with crows get shot with the crows. To be honest this thread ****s me and I think are a troll cheers

Yeah I have a pic of the olive in my other thread because it's now living with me.... And if you's don't like reading the thread- don't read it. And you's don't know me so don't go making assumptions about me ok. If your not interested in knowing how the snakes are going and only want to start a flaming war then hiss off.

Hey everyone, If you want me to keep you posted on what happens with the snakes PM me as im not writing on here anymore because i dont want to start a stupid flaming war that out keyboard warriors react to so much. I'm not commentig on this anymore so like i said PM me and ill give you updates weekly :)
Cheers.

Last edited:
Did you say she has another snake in her collection?

Perhaps if she isn't willing to hand it over the vet that has said it wasnt accidental can put a police report or something in that will cause it to be removed before she or her family injures it as well...or worse :(

If shes a druggie she won't want the police there - tell her the vet is going to do it and they will be coming around.....then offer to take the snake to help her out. Might push her to release the wild one as well.

Did you say she has another snake in her collection?

Perhaps if she isn't willing to hand it over the vet that has said it wasnt accidental can put a police report or something in that will cause it to be removed before she or her family injures it as well...or worse :(

Yeah shes got a little bredli. I made her release the wild one ages ago so thats all good.

I would almost guarantee she is a troll, especially as she has a pic of an olive in her Show us ya collection thread that has what looks to be the beginnings of the exact same injury as this olive has. Have a look at the olives head in pic 2.
http://www.aussiepythons.com/forum/general-reptile-discussion-42/show-us-ya-reptiles-170359/

yeah you are being really skeptical and keep trying to find a hole in the story... if you have nothing nice or constructive to post dont post at all =/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back